Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Catfish Contest Entry Time
So I can't think of a better time of year to go poaching fish from the southern waters... You know they usually are a couple weeks behind up north, so just as well fish down in the warm weather till the ice melts up our way... Later J
[signature]
Jeff you know I would always be honored to take you out on my boat if you ever made it down this way. I may have to throw some kids over board but I will make room for you lol...but seriously if you want to come down ill take you out.
[signature]
Hey that is very kind of you... One day I may make it down there, but I think I'll wait until its going to be a little better fishing than this early stuff... I am thinking of an ice trip to Strawberry sometime soon though... I think I'll wait for the cats until they will bite fairly easy, so I don't have to get skunked too many times.. Thanks for the kind invite... Jeff
[signature]
Jeff, you know the biggest Cat I scored last year was from UL. Not as big as most of what some of the southern team was catchin, but we had several fun day trips down there. This year I may even be able to spend a few days down that way during my June leave. Don't have to put dogs up in a boarding kennel anymore. May even make a few nite trips to BRBR with John.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Well according to the neat little retirement countdown clock a coworker got me for Christmas, I have 488 days left to retirement from USAF employ. This will be my second time I retired from USAF. Once in 1993 from active duty.
I was given a map to some of those spots up along the Bear River north / east of Benson marina. Didn't get a chance to try them out until late summer when the water level was a bit low. But hope to get up there sooner this year. May poach one of Jeff's Cats out of his back yard[cool]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I also have a countdown clock. 306 days!!!
[signature]
I am in team South.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and the South Team (aka The Winners). Wise choice.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Team south would you please
[signature]
Another year and you're free. Government owned my backside for 44 years (26 active duty and 18 civil service). Now I'm free with 5 government checks every month to enjoy life. Good luck on the countdown. I started counting a thousand days out.
[signature]
[quote catchinon]Welcome to BFT and the South Team (aka The Winners). Wise choice.[/quote]

Confucius say" Man who count chickens before hatch, find many rotten eggs.

We got this Go team North.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
The flip side to that idea is that if you set your goals and constantly hold a vision of what you want, the universe will manifest it for you. Pisco and I are visualizing at least four cats each tomorrow. Then we can fill all three slots on the first day. I understand you like to do the same. Good luck, as if you need it. [Smile]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Good luck Forest sounds like you have some fun plans... Hope the fish will be there for you... and good luck on the count down... I'll be jealous, but I know you've earned it so congratulations... and thanks for keeping the free world free... Later J
[signature]
Ben that sounds like you're getting to be a short timer... That's got to be exciting for you as well... Good luck this year with the contest too... Later Jeff
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and thanks for joining the contest... Got you signed up, sorry about the team you're on but we can't all be team north... Hope you'll have some fun with this contest this year... please join in and post when you can... Thanks J
[signature]
Okay you're number 40 to sign up... Good to see you back and good luck... J
[signature]
Once again, thanks for joining up for the south. Heaven knows we need the help seeing as how we are SO INFERIOR to the north [mad].
[signature]

Wow, 44 yeas is a long time. You must have started when you were about 12[Wink]
[signature]
I am in for team south. I promise to enter some fish this year. By the time I caught anything last year I couldn't get anything big enough to bump the team score. This year though I'm going for the big boys.
[signature]
Hey I got you entered okay and don't worry about being the biggest, just enter what you catch and use the tally to keep track of what you get for the year... I don't mind, in fact, I like to see more people catching fish... I think the store managers like to see more participation in the contest too, so they think folks are into more than just signing up... But whatever works best for you.... Thanks for signing up... Jeff
[signature]