Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat Contest Opener at Lincoln
[#0000FF]I always admire perseverance...and optimism. But I admire common sense more. I can't fault you guys for wanting to get a start on the contest. But I gotta shake my head when I read about the conditions you tried to overcome in order to catch kitties.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Even during warmer months I almost always time my trips to fall on a day before which there have been at least two days of decent weather. My worst trips are always those that don't follow that standard.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Another thing about Lincoln Beach is wind direction. Even when the fish are in a feeding mode, they will often shut down once the wind starts blowing in from the north...or any compass point that includes north. Don't know why, but I have had uncounted trips that started out great...with south or westerly breezes...then abruptly dropped way off or shut down altogether when Mama Nature started huffing from da north.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]When early spring conditions are still cold, and water quality is not top notch, it is just plain tougher to find willing fish...of any species. Glad the weather did lay down for you and that you at least got some tugs. Tugs is drugs.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Cat Contest Opener at Lincoln - by Piscophilic - 03-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Re: [catchinon] Cat Contest Opener at Lincoln - by TubeDude - 03-02-2019, 11:30 PM