Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach rust off
Went to Lincoln Beach this morning about 1020 and fished off north dike. There were 4 boat trailers out there and 1 guy fishing off the boat ramp, 3 more around the the harbor, and 1 outfit by the first spring. So we wasn’t alone. Temp was 36 when we got there and warmed quickly to 40 when we left at 1240. I got to break in the new rods by casting but no cats were bothered in this trip. I got the first skunk of the year out of the way but still don’t know how the new rods feel with fish on them which is Sad. But it was still nice to get out and bask in the sun and get the rust off from the winter.
[signature]
"... bask in the sun."???

One more week and the action begins.[cool]
[signature]
I'm sorry that I couldn't get together with you today. I'll bet that by this time next week the South will have several cats on the board. And don't anybody worry about the North jumping out to an early lead. To paraphrase what the Beach Boys said, "We'll give 'em a length and then shut 'em down."
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Sorry I forgot my phone. The bite wasn’t to good you didn’t miss much other than the company. I’m not to worried about the north’s lead we’ll bounce back once we can start producing
[signature]
I'm glad you got out and didn't spend the whole day getting "nuthin" like I did last trip. BLK is right, next week will be better (and the week after that, and the week after that....)[Wink]
[signature]