Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YUBA 3/17/19
Went to yuba for the day with ky 3 yrs old daughter, lake is higher than it's been in years but still not filling the spillway.... yet.... pretty slow day got a few rainbows on 3" manic minnows and a couple carp for the kiddo to reel in, also been going to Utah lake, still no walleye for me yet maybe this week! And what species are in yuba, I've caught pike walleye smallmouth wiper whitebass channel cat carp perch and now rainbows.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, looks like it has a ways to go before it fills. Not really sure what fish are in there other than what you mentioned and I did not realize there were wipers and white bass in there.
[signature]
[quote Fritzfishin]... And what species are in yuba, I've caught pike walleye smallmouth wiper whitebass channel cat carp perch and now rainbows.[/quote]

Anything, and everything, that is in the Sevier River drainage. Yuba is kind of the catch-all cesspool.
[signature]
[quote Fritzfishin]Went to yuba for the day... lake is higher than it's been in years but still not filling the spillway.... yet.... [/quote]

33% full. It still has a long way to go:
[Image: fQyN78r.jpg?1]

But it should come up quite a bit this year.
[signature]
PBH, did DWR ever get a conservation pool on Yuba? Can't remember if they were successful or not. Was thinking that as the Strawberry Project nears completion, there should be more water flowing down the Sevier to allow them to have a pool. Haven't heard much on it the last few years!!
not that I know of. But that doesn't mean much...
[signature]
No, there is not a conservation pool at Yuba.
[signature]