Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake X report sat 2-21-04
[#800080][size 2]Dad and Me got to go on the pond today. We got to break in my new digital camera. Not alot of fish though, I got only one of Dad and a troutski. There are two pics of me with better troutski's. We only got ten fish total. Seven rainbows and three perch(one of the perch won in the perch tossing game).[/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] At noon it was 30 degrees and 5:15pm it was 36 degrees. A little overcast at times and some very nice sun at other times. Hell, I wore only sweatpants and a hoody for an hour and a half. [/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] This was the first time in two years that Dad got out on the ice. And he had to twist my arm to do it. Not since we froze our buttoxs at the 2002 Sulpher Creek Derby has Dad been ice fish. I had alot of fun. Maybe I'll teach how to take pictures next(I swear, I do have knees).[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
Umm, nice report there Tommy. I'm guessing you caught some trout?
[signature]
Thanks for another infamous lake X report[Wink] Glad you could make it out. Lookin' forward to the details.
[signature]
Dude is obviously Confused. He posts a report for Lake X and then proceeds to tell everyone he and his dad were at Jordanelle today.

Hmmm, perhaps he did that to throw everyone off.

Tommy, are we going to Lake X tomorrow or Lake Y?
[signature]
he isnt Confused, the lake x idea goes back to some previous post made by him and he probably didnt have the time to sit down and write out all of the particulars of how the fish were caught, how deep he was fishing, where on the lake he fished, ect.

so yeah he caught some trout on lake x and as he said above he will tell more about it later
[signature]
[#800080][size 3]I R A pRoduck of Da cAliFornIa PuBic ScKool SisTem. Plus, I used to coach football. Speaking in X's and O's or Y's is RiGhT dOwN my bOwLiNg AlLeY.[Wink] [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
[reply]
he isnt Confused, the lake x idea goes back to some previous post made by him and he probably didnt have the time to sit down and write out all of the particulars of how the fish were caught, how deep he was fishing, where on the lake he fished, ect.

so yeah he caught some trout on lake x and as he said above he will tell more about it later [/reply]

Um, I know. I was being sarcastic.

I can't remember if Lake X was my idea or his. I still want to know if we're going to Lake X or Lake Y tomorrow Tommy.
[signature]
[#00ff00][size 2]Can you read this color? [#800040]This is better. We'll decide at the junction. We turn left lake X, we turn right pelican here we come.[/#800040][/size][/#00ff00]
[signature]
Alright then.

We better be careful though. If we turn right and miss the turn off for Lake Y we may end up going to Lake Z.
[signature]
Nice report and pics . Sure you have knees . He He !! What is up with the perch numbers . Shouldn't you be slaying them perch at lake X . Got to get that bait to the bottom . LOL Is the ice still in pretty good shape there ? I may get out this week wednesday or thursday .I have no perch in my freezer now and I really hate that . I really miss those crowds on the weekends . NOT !!!!!!!
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]My guess, there is a hatch or some rainbows or even perch are spawning. Only 14 fish, In two days[blush]. The way things looked we were doing better than anyone else. [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
My two boys and I were at the Hailstone side from 1-6 pm. Quite a crowd on the ice. Of course, a Klondike derby didn't help with crowd control either. 99% of crowd were fishing in deeper water, so we decided to fish a little closer to shore. Started at 19 ft. with hardly any bites, dinks at most. Drilled more holes toward the shore and found the fish at 12 ft. Caught 40+ perch and brought home 20 good sized ones. We also caught one 10" rainbow and 2 chunky chubs, which we released back to the lake. I was going to try the south boat ramp but access to it was blocked by a bunch of scouters and their gear. Maybe next time. All the perch that I filleted were either full of eggs or full of sperms. You are right, Tomegun, perch are in pre-spawn mode. Sorry to hear about your slow days at lake x.

kastmaster
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]We talked about going to hailstone, but we like the easy access at the Rockcliffs. How close can you park to the water at Hailstone? [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
They have the parking lot right at the marina store plowed for parking. I heard that there's room for about a hundred vehicles. I have been lucky to find a spot right at the top of the boat ramp. My favorite spots have been at the bay right across the bathrooms, probably less than 100 yards walk from the parking lot. That's also another reason I like Hailstone, heated bathrooms.

kastmaster
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Thanks George, I might give a try.[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
hey hellsangler, the ice where i fished was about 2 feet thick, if not more. my auger was completly burrined in ice, and i was not all the way through, if that helps you imagine. hard crust on top. think it will last a while longer.
[signature]
Is lake X Jordanelle or maybe Rockport? Excuse my ignorance.
[signature]