Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor help!!
I have a WIND trolling motor I would like to get running. I cannot find much information on it but I read that it is a merc replica. I'd like to get it running to see if it would work before I toss it and go buy something else. Would anyone up in the North ogden area be willing to school me on small engines?

thank you
[signature]
Never heard of one of those but I CAN TELL YOU IT'S NOT A MERC. If anything it looks more like a johnson or evinrude motor, what kind of problem are you having with it?
[signature]
The only problem is it won’t start. Haha everything else works great.
This is about all I can find on them.

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/s...ors-Russia
[signature]
The motor I had that looked like that was having a similar issue that turned out to be a weak fuel pump. One thing that I would try is to get some starting fluid and try spraying it into the carb, then crank it, if that's the problem it should start. If the fuel pump is shot it will start but won't keep running.
[signature]
Copy that I will give it a shot. I found a little info online. It looks like it may be a 1996 model.

A lesson learned... DO not search Russian Trolling Motor on your Gov computer. HAHA pretty sure I will be talking with someone soon.
[signature]
Quote:DO not search Russian Trolling Motor on your Gov computer. HAHA pretty sure I will be talking with someone soon.

LOL. Reminds me of the ex-husband of a friend of mine. He was fooling around in the desert west of Tooele and managed to get onto the Dugway Proving Ground. He owed a billion dollars in back child support (they had eight kids) and didn't want to be found by the powers that be so when he was confronted by the Army personnel he told them he was Russian! Ruined his whole day.[Sad] Time wounds all heels I guess.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

This should be a link to Dangar Marine trouble shoot video.
It is very informative and starts with basic stuff.
If you have any questions let me know.
https://youtu.be/nil7mx3x63k
[signature]
Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
[signature]