Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
Went up to mantua this morning ,ice was 12 inches very little snow on top and the edges were great no issues at all. I had a few hits but no catches,seen a few perch on the camera and a couple of troutskis. Sure was a great morning, and afternoon,came home and put all my ice fishing stuff away. I'm done for the season,maybe unless I get a wild idea to go back to Strawberry.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, the catching there always seems to slow way down toward the end of the season. Glad you made it out one last time, this years ice season lasted a lot longer than last years.
[signature]
Drove by today and this pond it a little more than 1/2 ice free and the rest of the ice doesn't look good at all . I didn't go look but I'm sure it's only a couple days from being full open.
[signature]
Thanks for that report I know there were folks wondering about it earlier tonight... Later Jeff
[signature]
Thanks for the info, seems like all the lower elevation lakes around here are done for the season.
[signature]
The cowboy-pirate crew made a quick run to Mantua this morning to check it out. Still a little ice on the east side but the boat dock was open and a couple small craft were playing along the ice. Watched a family from the shore killing it with power bait on rainbows. Did not see any panfish in the mix. For those who have disabilities we were able to get buckwheat's chair to the water using the boat ramp and some muscle on the beach, but all the action was coming from the rock dikes. Going to swing over and check Hyrum State park out and grab some good eats in Aggie country. Maybe even throw in a pole in somewhere.
[signature]