Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotilla 2019 Dates and Plans
In your write up it mentions nearby camping for a small fee. Do you know if reservations need to be made? I know Willard reservations fill up quick. Rocky brought up a good idea of going down Friday, however my son and I will want to camp at the beach if possible. A quick google search didn't get me what I was looking for. Thanks
[signature]
You'll find it at Utah County Parks. If you don't, let me know and I'll look again.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Utah County Parks
Please call 801-851-8640 to make reservations.

For additional information and photo's, please choose a park from the list below.

Click here to choose a park by activities.

Parks

Name Address
Benjamin Park 7300 South 3200 West
Canyon View Park Approximately 1.5 miles up Provo Canyon.
Equestrian Park 9400 North 6800 West
Hobble Creek Parkway
Indian Ford Park Jordan River at Camp Williams
Jordan River Parkway
Lincoln Beach Lincoln Beach Road
Nunns Park 3.3 miles up Provo Canyon.
Provo River Parkway
Skipper Bay
Spanish Fork River Park Located at the confluence of Diamond Fork with the Spanish Fork River.
Upper Falls Park Provo Canyon
Vivian Park Approximately 5.8 miles up Provo Canyon.
Wildlife Park Jordan River at 9600 North
Willow Park 9800 West 8570 North
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey everybody, the date has not been finalized yet, but I hope to get it tomorrow.

By the way, we have two threads with info about the flotilla going at once. Let's all try to put everything on here and let the other one go. Then we can all find it since it is at the top as a sticky.
[signature]

Thank you
[signature]
[#0000FF]Not luxurious camping but a place to plop...and close to the restroom facilities.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Here is a map with the camping area shown.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Also, here is a link to the [url "http://www.utahcountyonline.org/parks/ParkDetails.asp?IDNO=9"]WEBSITE[/url]. They indicate there are only 8 camping spaces...$20 a night...on a first come first served basis. But I have never seen more than a couple of spots taken at any given time.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Quote:[#0000ff] I especially enjoy jousting with the Hill Field "rush hour". A buncha frustrated wannabee fighter pilot jockeys.[/#0000ff]

Hey, careful there Pat, RockyRaab resembles that remark.....[cool].

I live where I can see the I15 freeway and I can tell what time of the day it is (on weekdays) by the traffic. North bound, slow to a crawl or even stop about 1630 - 1700.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
soon as it is light enough to see
[signature]

Cool
Doesn't apply to me, Forrest. Neither frustrated nor wannabe. I'm as content as Elsie and was one.

What hotel did you find? They seem to be notably absent in the Spanish Fork area.
[signature]
Look in the Springville area. I-15 exit 260 has a Days Inn, a Microtel Inn, a Chevron Gas station and a Love's truck stop, and a Cracker Barrel. Then there are other hotels east of I-15 in Springville. We always take exit 260 when we go to LB. It's just a bit of back country driving, but not bad.
[signature]

Cool
[#0000FF]Just had a brain flash. Ow. Ow.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]If the pavilion at Lincoln Beach is reserved for May 4, we might be able to make do with the mini-pavilion where the old fish cleaning station used to be. It was removed due to constant vandalism and there is now one set of tables under a pretty good sized cover. And there is grass around it and a water faucet. A ways away from the restroom facilities but still a doable thing with a table to set up whatever needs to be on a table.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]And everybody could bring their own camp chairs to sit on...or whatever.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]See the attached map...with the fish cleaning station indicated on the top left...at the top corner of the parking area. Also, a pic of the fish cleaning station being dismantled for a failed snack bar. There is now just a table under the cover.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]If it is necessary to pay a deposit to reserve it, count me in for at least part of it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks, Forrest. I have eaten breakfast at that Cracker Barrel many times on road trips, and could have sworn there were hotels there. I'll make a reservation for Friday night as soon as we nail down a date.
[signature]
Ok, it's official, the pavilion is reserved from noon-4 on the 4th of May. Some scouts have it until 11 (if they stay that long) then I'm hoping that we can move in early with a little help from the camp host who is a BFT member. Meanwhile we can use the old fish cleaning spot that TD mentioned. I speck we can snag it if we get there around 7. There is also a large grassy area next to the pavilion where we could set up pop-ups.

There are camping spots there. They are not pretty. First come, first served. $20. But the scouts may have them all filled. I will get in contact with the scout leaders and find out how we can work together. There are other camping spots that aren't real close but are prettier. If anyone wants to PM me I can help find a place.
[signature]

Thanks Pat for the info, been talking with Craig this morning and he's working it and I think we should be set for the 4th... This will be good so Rocky and Bob can make it... It may make it so we don't have the facilities early like sometimes, but that will make it so we get to fish guilt free in the morning right? Can't set up yet so we just as well go fishing... Looking forward to this get together and hoping to catch a white bass and knock that one off my bucket list of species I haven't caught yet... Appreciate the offer to help with the fee, get with Craig and I think there are several of us that are willing to help split the cost so Craig was going to cover it out of the gate and if we can help him out a little that would be wonderful.. Thank you... Jeff
[signature]
Hey we could put scouts to work on there clean up badges, [Wink]

Most of the time those scouts are out of there by 10 am, they dont stick around very long, after sun up, if they are camping they try to get the first couple spots in the grass to put up there tents for the night.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
For anybody that needs a ride in a boat I will have one seat available. It’s nothing fancy but I can get a northerner out to bird island is usually where I go. Let me know if someone wants to join me it will be me and my 12 yr old son.
[signature]
Thank you, we'll have them contact you by PM to line up that seat... I know a lot of members in the past have really enjoyed this type sharing a seat to get to know more members. Thanks for offering that up... Jeff
[signature]
Several of you have volunteered to help with the $30 reservation fee for the pavilion. I appreciate that very much. We will have other costs involved so we can use whatever anyone wants to contribute. Anything extra we may get could be used for prizes and/or future events. Please PM Jeff or me with any questions you have about this.

Please bear with me as I feel my way forward with the plans.

I think it would be good to ask everybody to bring a side dish. Coleslaw, potato or other salad, and cookies come to mind. Any other ideas?
[signature]

TubeDude already covered this in a previous post, but I shared this info on another thread so I decided to add it here, too.

Here's the skinny, from the Utah County Parks' website for Lincoln Beach:

Medium pavillion holds 80 people and rents for $30 for one four hour time slot (7-11am, 12-4pm, 5-9:30pm) or $50 for an entire day. There are also 8 individual overnight camping sites for $20 a day and are on a first come first serve basis.

Here's the URL for the site:

http://www.utahcountyonline.org/...rkDetails.asp?IDNO=9
[signature]

I posted this in another thread, but it needs to be here, also...

I booked a room in Springville, but there were VERY few left for that Friday night. They all run $120 to $130 a night. There are more rooms at lower rates in Lehi, 15 miles south.Use your favorite booking website, but use Springville, Provo, or Lehi as the search city, not Spanish Fork (which will turn up no results.)
[signature]