Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotilla 2019 Dates and Plans
I would love to get out to Bird. However, I will have my dog, she is my constant companion and loves the water and fishing. And Wiemars are way hiper. I'm bringing my paddle pontoon and was just going to fish the flats off the South dike. Unless???? Some one does have room for both us? Can't wait to meet everyone.
[signature]
I would be willing to bring my deep fryer and fry up some fish. I could show you how good my simple Zatarain's deep fried catfish is.
[signature]
Quote: There are more rooms at lower rates in Lehi, 15 miles south.

Hey Rocky, I think maybe that Lehi is actually NORTH of Springville.[Wink]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Well, that just shows to go ya how seldom I get down that way, lol! Anywho, there are cheaper rooms a short drive away.

I'll be at the Days Inn. Anybody want to meet at the Cracker Barrel for b'fast? They open at 6 am.
[signature]
Hey Rocky! Hope you are bringing your Hobie Kayak down. I gotta check it out for future reference. You will want to peddle (or paddle?) out to Bird Island, only a couple hundred yards although it looks like maybe a mile or two. You can do it.[Wink]

BLK
[signature]
I sent you a pm.
[signature]
BLK, yup, I'll be bringing it to PEDAL, but not to Bird Island. At my cruising speed, that's the better part of an hour's trip, and I don't trust the winds out there. Will likely stay near the west side, around from the marina.
[signature]
BLK- I sent you a PM a few days ago, I'm trying to get prizes in the mail, please respond as soon as possible, thanks.
[signature]
Wiper-- Saw your pm and thought it was a mistake! I won a contest I don't remember entering or designating my choice of lure prizes?? My memory is going pretty fast but I am sure I would remember entering a contest.

I should have had the courtesy to respond to your pm even if I thought it was misdirected. I apologize and will go to the pm and respond asap.

Sorry 'bout dat.[crazy]

BLK
[signature]
This was a contest you did not have to enter to win, all you had to do is post a fishing report. Here is a link to the post:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
The lures you get to decide from are in the attached pics. I just need your choice and your mailing address to get them in the mail, thanks.
[signature]
get the silver and white bellied swim baits, they look like WB, I can verify they work if needed.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Curt-- If still available, I'll take the silver and white swim baits.

Thanks Mike and by the way, your suggestion to have the boy scouts at Lincoln do the clean up for some type of merit badge was a great idea.[Wink]

Lynn
[signature]
We got a room there at the Days Inn, but for Saturday night. Gonna leave the Ogden area about 0400 Sat. Only takes just under 2 hours to get all the way over to LB. Then we don't have to be in a rush to head home after the Flotilla. We may even stop at the State Park marina Sunday morning on the way north for a couple hours if the weather cooperates.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
they always need something to do, teach them about woodsy the owl.

verification
sent
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks for the gracious offer, but we already have the fish fry covered. Ice_sled has fed large groups before and is all set up. When I asked if he needed any help he said something about too many cooks in the kitchen. But we could use your help with a side dish. Ben has the hushpuppies covered but we could use some salads and deserts.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Okay; let's just review where we're at for holding this years festivities. It looks like we are in fact going to hold the event on May 4th. Is that correct?[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Not clear on the Pavilion, but it appears that we do NOT have access to the Pavilion due to the Boy Scouts having it in the morning and another group having it in the Noon to 4 PM slot. Is that correct?[/size][/font][/#800000]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That said, are there any financial considerations that require more donations from attendees?[/size][/font][/#800000]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If we are a go for the 4th TD, then hope to host you and your bride that morning. I'm leaning towards moteling it down there Friday night so we'd just meet up at the launch in the wee hours on Saturday morning.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[quote RockyRaab]Well, that just shows to go ya how seldom I get down that way, lol! Anywho, there are cheaper rooms a short drive away.

I'll be at the Days Inn. Anybody want to meet at the Cracker Barrel for b'fast? They open at 6 am.[/quote][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I will be 'camped' at Days End as well. Probably be there late in the afternoon.
[/size][/font][/#800000]

[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]You do know that there is a free breakfast at the motel? They usually start serving at 6 AM as well. But I'm not averse to having a lip-smackin', down home feed at the 'Barrel' either. [Wink]
[/font][/size][/#800000]
[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]
[/font][/size][/#800000]
[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]Pat, would you and your bride want to meet me at the 'Barrel'?
[/font][/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Bob, I'll let Craig fill in the full details, but my understanding is yes the 4th of May is the date, the scouts have the pavilion until 11 or so and then we have the next block of time. I didn't hear the confirmation that we did get it locked in, but that was the plan. Hopefully Craig will confirm this and the rest of the questions you ask... Should be a fun outing and glad you can make it... Jeff
[signature]
[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]Pat, would you and your bride want to meet me at the 'Barrel'?[/font][/size][/#800000]
[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]
[/font][/size][/#800000]
[#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000FF]Sure. We can "barrel in" about 6ish. We will have to decide who pays...us for the boat ride or you for "guide fees". As long as you don't leave me/us on the ramp it's all good.[/#0000FF]
[/font][/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Table for four, the Barrel, at 6.

Anybody else?

(Bob, I've eaten at a lot of free motel breakfasts. None of them were worth the price.)
[signature]