Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotilla 2019 Dates and Plans
[quote RockyRaab]Table for four, the Barrel, at 6.

Anybody else?

(Bob, I've eaten at a lot of free motel breakfasts. None of them were worth the price.)[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]True that about motel breakfasts - in MOST cases. I've also had a couple that were eggs to order with a chef on duty and served on real china. But Days End wasn't one of them. So Cracker Barrel it is.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[quote TubeDude][#800000][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff]Sure. We can "barrel in" about 6ish. We will have to decide who pays...us for the boat ride or you for "guide fees". As long as you don't leave me/us on the ramp it's all good.[/#0000ff]
[/font][/size][/#800000][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]We can go 'Dutch' on all venues. And when have I EVER left somebody at the ramp? That is a rhetorical question. You know, [/size][/#800000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer. [angelic]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[#0000FF]Sokay by me.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I used to suffer from rhetorical. Also had scruples. But I got vaccinated for both.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Now let's hope Mama Nature behaves herself.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I might have missed it, but is there a sign-up sheet yet to indicate how many will be attending? I believe last year there was a sign up sheet for attendance and food contributions to ensure that we didn't end up with just 30 bags of Oreo cookies. Nothing against Oreo cookies, but my wife keeps telling me there is a whole food group involving things that grow directly out of the ground.
(I do realize you said salads and desserts)
[signature]
I just added a post to reply to if you're going to attend.. May not be the best way, but I think it will work... I made it a sticky up top... just reply with the number of folks coming with you and if you can help bring something for the feed... Thank you for the reminder... Jeff
[signature]
Oh no, we don't allow any rhetoric on this site. Or sarcasm. What, am I gonna have to whup you with a dead carp to get you to behave?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I don't think my message got through, but r2u2 and MrsJ will bring coleslaw.

Richard J
[signature]
Got it, Richard. Looking forward to gabbing with you on the 4th. Didn't really get much time at the catfish banquet in November but it looks like the Flotilla may provide more time to socialize.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Wow, looks like a lip rippin' adventure in store.
Only just catching up. Don't think I'll be able to pull it off, but glad to see the tradition lives on.

Hope the weather and frisky fish are in your favor.
Okay Craig trying to make some final get the junk together plans and had a couple questions? First, is there a fee to launch a boat/park at Lincoln? If so what is it so I can have the cash to cover it... Second, Did you find out what area we are cleaning? Third, Besides desert, prizes and banner what else was I supposed to be bringing? My memory isn't so good lately and I'm sure I've agreed to something somewhere along the planning process that I've forgotten... so just looking for help remembering... Looks like a 2 1/2 hour drive for me, so I'll be starting my drive around 3:30 to 4:00 so I want to get everything together as early as I can this afternoon so I can get a little sleep tonight.. (I know I'll probably still be looking for crap at midnight, but just hoping for otherwise.) I'll try and print up a list of our ice fishing winners so we can get them the correct prizes... also have some raffle tickets for door prize drawings... Did you have someone bringing plates and utensils? Boy I hope it is as pretty there tomorrow as it is up here this morning, calm, clear and still, what a great start to this day... Anyway I'm sure there will be more later, but just checking in... Thanks for all you're doing to make this happen... Jeff
[signature]
[#0000FF]It is a Utah County park. No park or launch fees.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain] Boy I hope it is as pretty there tomorrow as it is up here this morning, calm, clear and still, what a great start to this day.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]American Fork forecast is for 43*F tonight and sever clear tomorrow with a high of 71*F. Winds are forecast to be SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Should be a great day Jeff. I'm meeting Pat at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast at 6 AM. Should be on the water by 7. Yee Haa![/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Sent PM.
[signature]

Thanks Pat, that's great news... Is it as busy of ramp as Willard north marina? In case my boat doesn't play nice, I don't want to tie up the launch ramp, but last night and today it seems to start good... Hope I didn't use all the good behavior up... Did the water level come up enough that a newbee can stay out of trouble, except around bird island? I'm used to Cutler shallow, but I know where the trouble spots are on Cutler and I don't down there, so I'm hoping I can stay out of trouble motoring a new shallow pond... I may want to try whities in the mouth of benjamin slough, can I motor to that area or is it not deep enough and or not a good spot for the whities.. I'd like to try both the cats and the white's so I'm going to try a little while for each species.. Anyway thanks for the help and info... Jeff
[signature]
You'll want to stand well off from the shore and work your way in. The biggest problem with the island is that there is a looong stinger that runs to the southeast and can be a boat killer. Probably better to go on the west side. There are shallow flats out from Benjamin Slough. Keep a close eye on your sonar.

I'm sure others with more experience will chime in.
[signature]

Hey Bob, that sounds a lot different than the last time we fished together... I think we should have a fun day... Let's hope the fish will bite... Be fun to see that nice boat of yours too... See you in the morning... I'll still be in my old beater trihull, kind of hard to miss the red neck queen... If we do miss crossing paths, I'll have the radio so give me a squawk... Later Jeff
[signature]
Thanks Craig,
I'll watch the sonar close, but when things are that shallow they change rather quickly.. Guess I better see if I can get my side planer tuned a little better, last trip it didn't go far enough to the side... what else will I need????? Shouldn't be this hard, but it is the first boat trip of the year... Where did I put my mussel cert..??? Anyway we'll see you tomorrow... J
[signature]
[#0000FF]The only time the ramp gets very busy is around midday...when the power squadron nutjobs all show up at the same time to show off their "skills". Early through mid morning it is rare to have more than one or two craft at a time launching. The ramp is wide enough for 3...unless a wife or girlfriend is driving. Then it ain't wide enough for 1.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Water levels are coming up nicely. Should be plenty of water in the channel for almost any size boat. Just don't make a right turn at the opening of the channel until you get out a ways. The dike rocks extend out a ways under water. The areas out off the springs can have some rocky humps if you get in too close. Always good to watch the sonar and whenever you get into less than about 5 feet use the electric and go slow. If you hear noise...well, you are now a member of the "rock club".[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Otherwise, there is some deeper water beginning fairly close to shore off the springs...going out to the "bottom of the bowl" depth...which stays pretty constant all across the lake.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]The mouth of Benjamin Slough can be good when the new water is pouring in. White bass go up the stream to spawn and post spawn walleyes hang around to pick off the careless whities. It does get pretty shallow as you get closer to the inlet. But, again, watch your sonar and run the electric.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]There will be catfish shallow wherever there are rocks or reeds. But some of the bigger fish stay out in 5-6 feet of water until they are ready to do the deed. It will be the "biblical system"...seek and ye shall find...maybe.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]With the decent weather forecast it could be good to make the short run to Bird Island. But not recommended unless you "got numbers" and have experience with that hungry beast. It eats props. However, I'm betting that fishing shallow under bobbers will produce some good fish there.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat,
I was thinking of trying Bird Island for the cats, so I'll probably follow someone out there or hang way wide and use the electric to edge inward... Great help thank you... Jeff
[signature]
look up that pic of bird island at low water its the best source for seeing the rock and reef.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]