Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Off @ OC
It's been another fun spring at the OC. Not as many monster trophy class as years past, but incredible numbers of quality fish. All cruising close at 5-6' of water. Buggers and hares ears where the ticket for us. Secret has definitely gotten out over the years. Almost looked like opening day on the Kenai River AK some days, lol.
[signature]
WOW! Some healthy looking fish. That last one is a beaut!
[signature]
Thanks...it was good to see them looking so healthy after such a rough summer and fall last year with scary low water levels.
[signature]
Nice looking fish bro, good job.
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Nice looking fish bro, good job.[/quote]

Thanks man...Sad not to see the 24"+ class in there anymore, but if we can keep the lake somewhat full for this year, they will be back.
[signature]
I got word (and have seen the pics) that the big Redfish and Snook have started moving onto the flats. Talking 30+ inches. Trying to get out this week but it looks like the wind is gonna be blowing 20 plus. May have to wait a week.
[signature]
I saw pics of a 30-incher caught out of there this spring at ice-off. So, some are still there. Remember, those big ones are usually the first harvested.
[signature]
Wow looks like fun, very nice fish... congrats and thanks for sharing... Do you mind PMing me OC what it stands for... drawing a blank... Jeff
[signature]
Otter Creek res.
[signature]
Thank you, that hit me though the night and I wondered if that was what it stood for... Thanks for confirming... J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Thank you, that hit me though the night and I wondered if that was what it stood for... Thanks for confirming... J[/quote]

Bingo Smile
[signature]
Thanks that sure looks like fun... J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Thanks that sure looks like fun... J[/quote]

It sure was...we hit it 3 times in about a week. Mornings were definitely the magical time. Doubt we'll make it back up there since the bass fishing is picking up down here.
[signature]
Isn’t fishing the best hobby ever? There’s always another fun bite on the horizon. Later J
[signature]