Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishlake 3/29/19
Headed to Fishlake tomorrow.
Just recieved a report of good conditions for tracked vehicles, very safe ice and edges, and excellent fishing.
Has anyone heard differently?
Will be on a tracked Grizzly and a bright red Yamaha snowmobile if you want to drop in we will give you a fresh report.
[signature]
Three of us fished the south and east sides last Saturday. We were on foot. But we saw a few snowmobiles getting around just fine. We had one 50 ft. section of deep snow as we were hiking to the east side. One in our group used snowshoes for the hike back.

The ice was thick. Needed our auger extensions. Fishing was fair. I wouldn't call it excellent. We half-heartedly tried for some perch and it wasn't the usual frenzy for us. But, we didn't poke around too much to find a good hot spot right at the weed line. Nor did we spend too much time fishing for perch - maybe an hour.

Trout fishing was ok on the east side. Not as hot as I've seen it in the past. We did manage like 6 species between 3 of us: perch, tiger, splake, rainbow, kokanee, and chub. My tigers were my biggest...maybe 16-17 inches.

Good luck and have a great day fishing! Off to the Berry for us.
[signature]
[quote kniephof] Off the the Berry for us.[/quote]

Good luck tomorrow. Wish I could join you. (work [Sad] ) Sounds like you had fun at Fish lake last week too.
[signature]
I did not read your report on time and nearly got screwed by not having an auger extension....
I had to drill holes 6" deep around the main hole just to get my Milwaukee drill motor down enough to punch through.
We started cleaning up at 70 fish and caught 3 or 4 more fish while cleaning. A mix of perch, bows, and 5 chubs.
You were right about the slower fishing, we stayed on the weed line the entire morning and should have caught many more perch.
Tracked vehicle travel was excellent, snowed about one inch, and had some white outs/fairly high winds that would have rolled my shanty had we not been in it.
Weather.com is full of crap. I should have known not to believe their report when they said partly sunny at 3 am!
Good luck at the Berry.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Shane, sounds like the ice isn't over yet... Congrats on one more outing... Guess I'm giving up and putting my gear away... guess I'm a quitter... or at least a switcher... somehow these cats are pretty fun lately... Later J
[signature]
I think it was partly sunny at my house at 3 AM, but I didn't get up to see.
[signature]
I'm old now and sometimes need to pee at 3am but unfortunately sometimes dont get up....
[signature]
[#0000FF]TMI. But I resemble that remark. Oui oui.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sharon and I are headed to Strawberry tomorrow, the Ladders if you would like to join us?
[signature]
[quote SBennett] I should have known not to believe their report when they said partly sunny at 3 am!
Good luck at the Berry.[/quote]

This quote reminds me of the Office episode where Michael follows the GPS into the pond...

...did you really believe it would be partially sunny at 3 AM? I'm not sure I have ever seen even mildly sunny at 3 AM!
[signature]