Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsmans Show
[cool][blue][size 1]Lousy weather and car problems kept us off the water this weekend. Went to the big Sportsmans Show in Phoenix. [/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Saw lots of good specials at the show and spent some money on a few goodies. Also spent some time at the electronics booths, looking over the new crop of sonars. Haven't decided yet what my next "field test" is gonna be. Might test out some of that high wattage and high resolution stuff. Lowrance even has some color displays on a couple of units.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Saw some great new ultralight baitcasters at both Daiwa and Shimano booths. Of course the really exciting stuff is not on the market yet. But the reps had their own systems there to show off. Just about made it to the door with one of them before I got tackled.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Saw some Kennebecs there for $80 show price. That's about half price. Also saw some water skeeters for a good price, although I wouldn't buy one myself. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I did get some super new fly tying hair in bright white, black, hot yellow and hot green and hot pink. I gonna make me up some more salt water flies and jigs. Plan to be needin' them soon.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pat, sorry to hear about the car trouble. I also was going to make it out fishing for a couple hours on Saturday, but just ended up working for 7 hours instead! Oh well, gotta pay the bills somehow.[crazy]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]All work and no play gives Jack a heart attack.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Hope your schedule lightens up...and hope the weather finally gives us a break down here. Looks like rain all week. We need it, but it sure does mess up the fishing...especially the wind, when you try to fish in a float tube.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tell me about it. My wife is going to be quitting her job so I need to make sure and get a complete 40 every week so we can make ends meet. She's almost 5 months pregnant and has enough stress that we think it's best she quit. She doesn't handle stress quite as well as I do, and it's better I think for me to take a heavier load than for her to continue to bear it.

I think I'll get somewhat of a break soon -- in April 05 when I graduate! [crazy][Tongue]
[signature]
Hey TubeDad, We have plenty more rain to send your way. It was raining Catfish and Dogfish all night here so that should hit your area pretty soon. Don't forget to put out some nets so that you can catch them before they hit the ground.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No problem. I'll just set some lines off the second floor balcony or let them swim in the front door and then close the back door.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Drove to work in heavy downpours this morning. We need the water but it sure brings out the fools on the freeways. Bumper cars and demolition derby time.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It's no different from Cali. We have what we call "Instant Idiot" Just add water.[Tongue]
[signature]