Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Attack fishing tournament
Saw this on Adam Eakle's Outdoor show, thought some of you might be interested.
It is at Flaming Gorge this weekend April 26th-28th. It is for small lake trout only.
You can find out about it at visitflaminggorge.com
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Saw this on Adam Eakle's Outdoor show, thought some of you might be interested.
It is at Flaming Gorge this weekend April 26th-28th. It is for small lake trout only.
You can find out about it at visitflaminggorge.com[/quote]

See the final results posted on FB, looks like they had a pretty good turn out and a pretty large amount of fish were harvested.
the winning team took in 47 fish total for 2 days and a total of 131.33 LBS!
[signature]
I did not here about this three of us were there the 25 and 26 only fished 3 1/2 hr. for the laker pups

I think if the wind would let you fish all day you could catch more than 50 in two days
only saw 4 boats by us on the 26th
where we were fishing looked like more than 10,000 Laker pups
here is one snapshot

one pup don't know how long he was he may have been over 28" but we got some big ones under 28"
[signature]
[quote liketrolling]I did not here about this three of us were there the 25 and 26 only fished 3 1/2 hr. for the laker pups

I think if the wind would let you fish all day you could catch more than 50 in two days
only saw 4 boats by us on the 26th
where we were fishing looked like more than 10,000 Laker pups
here is one snapshot

one pup don't know how long he was he may have been over 28" but we got some big ones under 28"[/quote]

Yeah they need to do alittle better job gettin git promoted on more then just the facebook pages for those that dont get on it much or at all,
They had it set up as 2 man teams which would limit you to only 48 total fish.

I really want to figure out how to get more into the laker pups heavily, Ive caught a few here & there over the years but never have been able to have a steeler day on catching them.
[signature]
Nice mac Robert. That one is a bruiser. Love the fish finder shot. That is a lot of fish.

Did you go after kokanee at all? We are heading up there on May 16th. Just wondering where is a good place to start this time of year.

Thanks for the post

Jared
[signature]
Wow, that is very impressive, sounds like lots of smaller macs were taken out of the lake as a result of this tournament. Don't do FB, so I can not see the results.
[signature]
I posted this on the 24th, sorry you missed it Robert. Sounds like they were really stacked in the area you were fishing.
[signature]
Not sure if this will load or not off my phone.
[signature]
[quote chinook]Nice mac Robert. That one is a bruiser. Love the fish finder shot. That is a lot of fish.

Did you go after kokanee at all? We are heading up there on May 16th. Just wondering where is a good place to start this time of year.

Thanks for the post

Jared[/quote]

we fished for Kokanee and it was realy good, I just fish for laker pups after we get are kokanee good size one was 4 lb kokanee
[signature]
That is a lot of fish and is it safe to assume that was just the winning places, were more caught besides those placing that were not listed?
[signature]
Correct, that was jsut the top 5 that won, End of day 1 had a post with 9 teams on the board. I asked for a total number of teams entered just for my own curiousity and the lady running the Visit Flaming gorge facebook page didnt know how many entered (She was more so just sharing info she got) Ive beenwatching waiting to see if more info would come out.
[signature]