Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo, is the boat launch open?
would like to demo a boat this weekend and was wondering if you can launch safely at echo. last report was that they are letting a lot of water out
thanks in advance
[signature]
Per the DWR report I received this afternoon:

"The boat ramp is open and courtesy docks will be installed in early May."
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]You will have to enter/exit the boat from the beach. There are no docks of any kind in place until early May. Go to Rockport. They have a wedge dock in place on the ramp.[/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks for the response
[signature]
I was watching people launch boats this morning
[signature]
[quote Lipnrip]I was watching people launch boats this morning[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]And? How were they getting themselves or additional passengers in and out of the boat?[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
When we fished there last Fall, it was pretty easy, just put your additional passengers
in your boat before you launch but to get the person driving the tow vehicle in the boat, just find where the deepest water is, close to shore. Come up to the shore with your motor trimmed up and your good to go, I'm sure you have done that many times at The Pig[Wink].
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]There are lots of steep banks CLOSE to the launch area at the Pig. Not so much at Echo. Its a VERY long walk across lots of rocks and soft sand to get to a steep bank at Echo. I won't be fishing there until they put a dock in. Other's are free to do as they please. My point to Ripnlip was that just because people are launching doesn't mean they aren't doing so under ideal conditions and that folks with bigger boats will PROBABLY want to wait for the docks to be put in. [/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Drove by Echo this afternoon and the water level has REALLY come up in the past couple of weeks. I drove down the ramp and noticed that there is a small floating (partial) ramp just south of the ramp that I suppose could be used to launch a boat or pick up the truck driver.
[signature]