Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River tonight?
Finally got a catfish rig put together. Headed out tonight for my first attempt at catching catfish. Likely going towards the refuge if anybody wants a fishing buddy or wants to say hi. Warning- I may try to pick your brain if you do stop.
[signature]
I can't go but please report your findings and good luck!
[signature]
So How did it go ?

Been thinking of a night trip, just seems to cold yet. Been so during the day for me.

One fish a day is all I'm getting thinking they my be moving about more after dark.
pictures of the last few days
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
John, how big is that last one? Is it one of your top 3? Sure looks like a tank.... Nice fish for sure... Later Jeff
[signature]
Well first trip wasn't exactly as I had hoped, but it was good to get out fishing again. Haven't been for a little bit. Because I wasn't familiar with the area, I decided to go in the evening instead of after dark so I could look around a little. Put out 1 rod with a crawler hoping for some fresh bait, and 1 with a chunk of frozen sucker. There were some pretty impressive thunderstorms passing through that made for some good storm watching. The wind helped keep the blood suckers at bay which was nice, but it also was shaking my rod tip too much. River was moving fast with lots of debris. Found a fat 25" walleye belly up pushed against the bank. Couple of carp were splashing the banks when the wind would calm and sun would peek out. Tried a couple spots and stayed a little after dark. Ended up catching 1 small channel. Sorry no contest help from me yet.
[signature]
Hard to complain about your 1 fish days with size like that. I haven't been on for a little bit and was shocked to see the fish Team North had been posting! I plan on getting out there more often. Hope to see you and some other regulars there
[signature]

[quote SkunkedAgain]John, how big is that last one? Is it one of your top 3? Sure looks like a tank.... Nice fish for sure... Later Jeff[/quote]

That was my top fish Jeff 31.75 caught him on Monday 22
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Congratulations Shawn on your first catfish.
[signature]
Thanks. Not a looker, but at least the species I was after. Trying to get in a couple practice runs before the flotilla next weekend.
[signature]
I thought that looked like a tank... Nice fish... Later J
[signature]