Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Cat still a good tube?
After 13 years and probably over a thousand plus? fish, my old Fat Cat float tube needs to be replaced. My old one has served me very well but the zippers are all shot and the outer cover is starting to go. It is just time.

I see that Outcast is still making the Fat Cat, and the description still sounds like my old one (foam seat, urethane bladder) but is it the same as before? Are there other good rides I should look at?
[signature]
The fat cat is still an excellent tube. But, the market has exploded since you bought one. Outcast now has a couple bigger, and better versions. Other good makers have appeared as well.
I like the Seven Bass tube’s, as an alternative.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Agreed. While the Fat Cat was my choice for a lot of years, that was because there were not many other choices for a big guy who wanted a comfy ride with good quality. The downside is that most of the manufacturers of the best tubes are mighty proud of them...and charge accordingly.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]If you want to stay with a "Chubby Kitty", I have an extra one I might be willing to download. Good shape with little use over the past couple of years. TubeBabe is not using hers any more. Tricked out with PVC stuff, motor mount, etc. Let me know if you wanna negotiate. Also have a couple of extra air bladders.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I might be interested in that. I would certainly get the tube back into action.
PM me the specifics and price when convenient for you.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I will dig it out of my storage room, air it up and check it out. TubeBabe did not use hers nearly as much as I did and it should be fine. Will take a pic of it all set up and come up with a price.
[/#0000FF]

[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry. When I checked I found that we only had one Fat Cat left...TubeBabe's. And she informed me that if I sold her tube I would likely sacrifice some vital parts of my anatomy. Gotta love a dedicated tuber lady like that.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I'll bet if you put a "wanted" ad on the main BFT 4-Sale board you might get a hit or two. Or check [url "https://classifieds.ksl.com/search?category[]=&subCategory[]=&keyword=Float%20Tubes&priceFrom=&priceTo=&zip=&miles=25&sellerType[]=&marketType[]=Sale&hasPhotos[]=&postedTime[]="]KSL.com[/url]. Nothing good on there now but those things change quickly.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
LOL, glad to hear she still might enjoy a day on the lake with you. I will look around but probably buy a new one.

See you out on the water.
[signature]