Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Pheasant hunters wanted
For the last several years I have purchased the Pheasant permit to hunt the birds the Fish and Game plant here. I've hunted Sterling, Market lake and once at Mud Lake and my average time to get my two birds is 1/2 of an hour. My dog is good. I have good private grounds to hunt but a list of friends and family to hunt them with me. But no-one to hunt these planted birds with.
Is there any BFT members near Idaho Falls or Pocatello that would like to do this with me? Preferable you have a boy that wants to hunt also. Because they have a early season for just the kids that I would love to have some kids to take to.
This offer is only for the first three days. Unless you have kids.
[signature]
I forgot to show my dog Dakota.
[signature]
If I have the time, I'd like to get my boy out there, sounds like a fun hunt, I'm sure he'd enjoy something like that, he's never hunted birds before.
[signature]
Ok, let's do it.
[signature]
Nothing would tickle me more than to help him get his first bird. The kids get to hunt the early hunt. Where do you live? We could hit the early hunt and then maybe the regular hunt. Let him get a couple days hunting.
[signature]
It'd be cool to get him into some birds. We live in Oakley. Not sure if we'll be able to, have to see what his football schedule is like this fall.
I know he'd love it.
[signature]
Wow you are way over there. I know they plant birds closer to you. Seems to me at Lake walcott. Have you fished it? I could meet you there for one day. Lets keep in touch.
[signature]
Yea, we're in the middle of nowhere. They probably do plant birds at Walcott, I ice fished it a couple days a few years ago and didn't mark a fish and know guys that fished out of boats and said the same thing. We fish Oakley for walleye, supposed to be perch in there but haven't spent any time trying for them and don't really hear of any being caught. We fish magic, do really well for perch there. We're gonna try American falls we did really well for perch there this winter and caught some really nice ones. I'm not opposed to traveling, I like exploring new places. We tried Cascade this winter and didn't catch much, but neither did anyone else.
[signature]
I love Magic. I killed the 8" perch there this winter. I ice fish it at least once a year. I have fished AF a few times both on and off the ice. Let me know when you're going there and I'll come introduce myself and Dakota. My dog.
When I was at Magic I talked a couple of people that lives near Cascade that said the same thing.
[signature]
Yea, my boy loves magic we only made one trip this winter and killed the perch, we do really well in the summer there too. We caught quite a few 10-13 inch perch out of AF this winter. Cascade is tough, but was a blizzard the weekend we were there so we didn't move much, I managed a few dinks and a small rainbow though, I'd like to go back and try it again. I'll let you know when we head to AF, it should be getting good there, I was there a month ago and didn't even get a bite, but spawn should be over and fish should be hungry.
[signature]
Wow, I had no idea they were that big there. Do you have a boat?
[signature]
Yea, we didn't get the numbers as we did out of magic, but the size was a bit bigger. No I don't have a boat, just fish from shore.
[signature]
I have a little boat, 14 ft. It would fit us all. Have you ever fished below the AF dam?
[signature]
Nope, never have, just started fishing over there this winter.
[signature]
i have an 11 year old that is just getting into hunting. I usually hunt the Cartier Wildlife area since I live in Rexburg. We don't have dogs so it is usually just kicking brush.

Thanks
Lucas Ingram (Windriver)
[signature]
I have never hunted Cartier because it looked kinda small and more of a duck place. But I just talked with a guy with lots of dogs that said it was his favorite. He also said someone bought the north end of Market Lake where I hunt. And I need to check with the Fish and Game to see if I can still hunt there. I might need to hunt Cartier on opening. I would love to hunt with you and your boy.
[signature]
Unfortunately. I had foot surgery which has slowed me down a bit for a couple weeks. We might need to hold off until next year, but I would really like to get my boy on some birds with a dog. That would be awesome. Thanks for the offer.

Windriver
[signature]