Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting started in my new Old Town TopWater
Hello all, I'm new to Kayak fishing only been about 10 times.. had a ocean kayak trident 13.
Switched up to a 10.5 Old Town Topwater..
Took it out to Mantua yesterday afternoon for a trial run.. I sure enjoyed the pedal drive.. it was east to learn and get used to.. fished all over the pond and did manage 1 fish .. a small Bass.. so there was no picture taken..
Did manage to pedal across the lake 4 times.. it was a good workout and learned alot about the boat.. the wind was fairly strong about 20 mph from the South West.. but posed no problem except for water getting over the bow a few times when I went into a wave..
The fish are holding in tight cover along the banks.. in the trees and bushes.. hope to get out again next weekend and go earlier in the morning to catch the early bite.
[signature]
That's pretty cool, with the pedal drive. I've heard they also have them that have Minn Kota drive but they are pretty pricey. Nice set up.
[signature]
Wow that's awesome, thanks for the knowledge, we're looking to get more into kayak fishing unsure where to start.