Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you take on the ice??
Attached is a photo of my equipment I use for my ice assaults. My sled is set up to be towed by my ATV but on this day I pulled it out onto the ice. The green box is cushioned so I don't carry a pail. There is plenty of room inside for all my gear including a PEE can so I don't leave anything behind.I also have a portable shanty we use on windy days.

Gear consists of: Mako shark ice auger, Aqua-vu camera, Hummingbird fish finder, 10 assorted style of tipups, 6 jigging poles with variety of test line and many other assorted pieces necessary for the ice. This set up has worked very well for me over the years. I also have pails and baskets, hand auger for when the travel requires a lighter load.

I really enjoy this sport weather the fish are in the bitting mood or not, you can't beat a day on the ice. It is the best cure for cabin fever and makes the winters fly by.
[signature]
not much a bag with a shoulder strap that has my tackle a bucket with three rods bait and water a aguer and fishfinder and i'm good to go fish alot of reserviors and the way in and out alot of time is down and up the dam you don't want to be hauling alot of stuff up them as low as our lakes are at present
[signature]
All I bring is my dog spot and his baseball bat.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2933;]
[signature]
I dont take much, a five gallon bucket, three rods (each of diffrent settings), a tipup, a thirty year old hand cup auger, a tackle box that fits in my pocket, lantern, bait box fits in my shirt pocket and on ocations my minnow bucket.

it is what I leave on the shore what is most important on my ice fishing trip (every thing else)
[signature]
1 jig pole per fisherman; 2 tipups per fisherman(BeaverDams/Arctic fisherman are my favorites); 8" Jiffy power auger; jig box with about 100 different styles in it; minnows in a bucket(or dead smelt); extra bobbers, leaders, treble hooks, mantles and excessories; lantern; heater when necessary; portable ice shack when necessary; skimmer; flashlight; soda and sandwhiches.
[signature]
today , 1 rod , one tip up , bucket with 4 chubs ,augre , gaff and a scoop .

i'll try to post my sled tomorrow .
[signature]
I bring just about everything I've got for ice fishing. A bucket (or two), Strikemaster Lazer 6" hand auger, gaff, one tip-up, two rods, small plastic case (fits in coat pocket) with the jigs, small container of waxworms, ice scoop, extra line (just in case), and lantern (if I plan on being out past sunset... also the deciding factor between one or two buckets).
[signature]