Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wipers
I went out to Willard today and caught a couple of wipers. I should of had a really good day but I just could not hook them. But it's picking up, the guy next to me caught at least eight or ten or so. later.<br><br>
Yeah! I am going back out tommorow (friday). 72 degrees, day before a front moves in, water temp high fiftys. Should be dynamite. I will let you know.<br>Hobo, where are ya? The chief stopped by to show you some sheds but you arent anywhere to be found. You fishin this weekend? I am hitting jordanelle saturday as well.<br><br>
What time are you going out Friday? I could go out in the morning but would have to leave in the late afternoon. I was at work when the chief came by. O well. I'll get a look at them one of these days. Give me a call and let me know about Friday.<br><br>
Were you fishing from shore or from a boat, and how were you fishing for them?<br><br>
I was fishing from a boat and casting white jigs. I went out again today and ended up with 6 and the biggest one was 4 pounds. Mike and Hobo I'm going out saturday morning to try for some eyes and then later hit the wipers if you want to go let me know.<br><br>
pescadorv, the north side seems to be producing this year. People have been catching fish out of the north marina for a couple weeks, the wipers will move around some. This time of year normally the south inlet is the hotspot and always a place to try. Over the next few weeks as the water warms the fish could really be anywhere. For right now, concentrate on the areas that have warmer water flowing in or that get lots of exposure to the sun.<br><br>
glad to hear ya hookin um sounds like good time.<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
ZING! Is the sound my drag made today. Friday afternoon, hit willard, trolled jigs and cranks. Planer boards and jigs in white or chartruse seemed to be the factors. Skeeter, I ran into your brother in law out there, he pulled up just as my dad was reeling one in. The cranks didnt produce today, but thats ok it was a blast. Good to finally get some fish in the boat. Going back out tommorow.<br><br>
Well, I dont know if it was the change in weather but dang! Talk about a whoopin. I fished from 11:00 - 4:00 and only caught one wiper and lost one. Caught it on a chartruse jig. We fished the north dike, east dike and south dike. The fish didnt seem to want my offering. Skeeter, I ran into dan on the ramp, he said they caught eight. Your brother in law was pulling up just as I was leaving. I saw your truck and trailer out there, how did you do? I missed the boat today, talk about a spanking.<br><br>
I got out there on saturday around 6:00 am the fishing was really slow we ended up only catching 4 wipers. I tried for walleyes until 10:00 and only had 2 hits. If anybody is doing any good on walleyes let me know. We fished for wipers on the west side and caught our four and had about 2 dozen hits, you really need to hesitate to hookem. I fished the North side were I caught the fish on thursday and only had one hit. But I talked to Dan and he caught all his fish between 2:00pm and 4:00 pm right before that front came through. <br> Mike so what happened to Jordenell ?<br><br>
boat ramp is not open yet. Sounds to me like I should have caught some more fish. I didnt see anyone catch any and I sure wasnt on them. Oh well, some days that happens.<br><br>