Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat decontamination for 5/26. Need help
I was wondering if anybody knew what time the decontamination station at Willard Bay was available on Sunday morning. I called the State Park and the Northen office number listed on the STD of the Sea website but no help so far.
[signature]
I talked to the people in the office last year and was given this phone # to call. Never have called it, but here it is: 435-734-9494.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Here is the phone number for the Willard state park manager james morgan, he might be able to help 435-230-0050
[signature]
That's the number I have already called and left a message. Still haven't heard anything yet. I want to fish Mantua but I need my boat decontaminated from a Powell trip.
The worst part about this is I could see someone just going to Mantua and launching because of the lack of response from a state park or the state office. For as serious as these mussels are I'm not impressed.
Thank you for the phone number and sorry for the rant.
[signature]
you will do better getting decon-ed at almost any other lake ,willard is notoriously slow to open things up.
[signature]
Just curious, why not get de-con'd while leaving Powell?
[signature]
I try to stay as positive as I can about our government officials including state park employees. But it does get annoying to call over and over without anyone answering and then leaving messages that never get returned. Just saying.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Antelope didn't have a decon station.
[signature]
Gotcha.
Headed down soon and thought maybe something got shut down at Bullfrog or Wahweap.
Thanks.
[signature]
How did you get out of Powell without decon ?? Was just down there a couple of weeks ago and we had to get decon'd BEFORE we could leave the park !! Makes no sense to leave Powell w/o getting decon'd down there. While all the park sites have decon stations, by getting it done at Powell, you don't have to be at the mercy of waiting to launch up here. You can always drive up to Idaho, they have their stations set up at every port of entry and will send the Highway Patrol after you if you try and go past before going through inspection. Even if you didn't get it done down there, there should be a cable tag on your bow eye that shows you were down there.
In his reply above he said:
[quote fsh4fun05] Antelope didn't have a decon station.[/quote]
A friend was down there and said there were so many boats leaving they told him to get it done up here and they just put the tag on his boat and told him not to launch until he got it decontaminated or waited the prescribed amount of time.
[signature]
I spoke with the DNR guy at Antelope. He cabled the boat. If it doesn't make sense take it up with him. I was expecting to be stopped at the border but nobody was manning the station there.
I never did receive a call back from the 3 state parks I contacted. I'm trying to be responsible so I didn't even bother going fishing. If I can't find help to get my boat decontaminated then my confidence isn't high enough to trust them to do a well enough job to clean my boat.
[signature]