Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio Bill Would Restrict Lake Erie Access
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]COLUMBUS, OH—A bill being considered in the Ohio Legislature would restrict public use of thousands of acres of Lake Erie shoreline and compromise the Great Lakes Restoration Act, while giving lakefront property owners sole access to almost all of the lake's beaches. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]League of Ohio Sportsmen's Executive Director Larry Mitchell, Jr. says if the language in the bill is allowed to pass, anglers who want to take their family fishing on the lakeshore will be, "pushed to an increasingly smaller and smaller area." [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]For more information on the bill, call: (800) 282-0253.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
thats terrible. I don't live in ohio but if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
[signature]
BASSMASTER, hi, This is one of many bills that have been introduced in recent years here in Ohio. There is a great push to get control of the lakes and rivers to prepare for the new push to get gambling all over the state. So far the churches and other groups have kept most of it at bay, but it seems that it may be a loosing battle in some area. They haven't succeeded in the Toledo area so they spent millions on a ferry to transport gamblers out of state and also to attract tourist trade by confiscating the River bank areas for various attractions that they are convinced will give the
area a better economy. It doesn't matter that hundreds of areas will see private enterprise take all of the profit that should be shared with the population of Ohio. Don't get me on my soap box for I have been against open gambling for several years as I have witnessed the bad effects over all. The anglers will be one of the biggest groups to loose. Much of our shoreline fishing will be gone and the ferry and other water craft keep fishermen from the area.
[signature]
That's just terrible![mad] I hope it all works out for the best for you[Smile]
[signature]