Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Flounder Season starts in 6 Days
Although the season starts on March 1st traditionally the bite doesn't start until around St. Patricks Day thats when the water startsto get warm enough to get the flounder moving and eating they start to come out of the mud hopefully the weather will start to warm up and this will happen otherwise we are looking at the actual bite starting in April I heard that some Herring are starting to show up in the inlets and shark river which is a good sign
[signature]
Those are so fund to catch just as the California Halibut are on my side. Keep an eye out on the Recipe Board. I will give you a bunch of recipes to choose from for your little flat friends that you invite to the dinner table.
[signature]
Thanks I hope I will be inviting many of them to dinner although they aren't as big as a Halibut winter flounder are Good eating for size a Fluke{Summer Flounder} would probably compare more with the smaller Halibut but both are fun to catch
[signature]
According to the Asbury Park Press, fish may be larger due to colder winter waters, some sprimp that eat the baby flounder are in smaller supply due to cold water, so there should be more flounder to grow bigger. we will see[crazy]
[signature]