Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hallow 5/30
family vaca down south so I told the wife I needed 1 day at sand hallow or id do the normal uncle things and kids would cry. So we spent the day at sand hallow. we drove around a little scouting spots and I decided to work the east dike up to a cove just past the boat launch. All the normal "should hold fish" areas looked promising so I started pitching plastics in the rocky area along the dike up through some reeds around the harbor then there was a nice cove with a few tress. with all that work I spoted a good 8lb and nope I pitched and pitched changed lures and he would just look turn and move a little. worked some other areas with nice structure and depth changes to find a big lack of fish. 8 hours later I caught a nice sunburn despite the sunscreen, a sense of disappointment but then I remembered no work for 4 days and at that point met back up with the wife and went to bed. Got up the next day and hit zions. no fish but great weekend. Rumor is I tried the wrong place, the damn appeared to be the place after talking with a few people.
[signature]
Glad to hear you got out bummer about the fish. Let me know next time you are around if you want a fishing partner. I live in St George so have some spots, but still have to move around and figure it out sometimes. We have had weird weather I'm sure that was a big factor
[signature]
Any chance you know the current water depth near either dam?

Or even an estimate?
[signature]
unfortunatly I didnt get to the damns
[signature]
I fished SH the same day and caught over 30 bass by 11:30 am. I fish the lake year round which is huge help. Fish are all in 30 ft of water with a few fish shallow. If you want to catch fish throw a Ned rig or drop shot.
[signature]
Yeah, fish have moved out with the exception of a few linger females that will eat up a good hour or two of your time with little to show for it at the end, lol. Morning bite is where it is at right now...30-40' range with the usual baits working. Love this time of year...hit the lake at 0600 when the gates open, catch your 30-40 fish and be off around 0900 when the power squadron shows up (aka Little Valley)...home in time to make breakfast for the family.
[signature]