Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FL or FG?
So looking to take the kayak out for a short trip this weekend. Probably head out Thursday morning and back by Sunday morning. The question is where to go? I was thinking Flaming Gorge to hook into some kokanee and possibly some lake trout. I've been there before and fished out of the kayak in the sheep creek area so I know what I'm getting into. Then I had a thought, I've never fished Fish Lake, I wonder what it's like?
So given the option for a quick little trip, which would you prefer? Fish Lake or Flaming Gorge and why?
[signature]
I know the Gorge as well and I fish other areas outside of sheep creek. I have a boat that can handle the roughness that can come with the Gorge. However, like you I have never been fishing at Fish L and have had the urge to go for 2yrs now. I have driven down there for a looksie before and like what I see. Its got it own roughness to offer too, but the fishing is great from most reports I see & hear. The choice is yours and when my opportunity arises I will leap at it.
Be SAFE

[signature]