Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My garden pics: Summer of 2019
Our pole bean blossoms run the lengths at variable spacing.

Our watermelons finally have some blooms on them that we spotted in our walk around the gardens this morning. YEAH!!! Not sure we'll get any melons this year, depends on how early it'll frost.

We only had a sprinkling of rain, less than tenth of an inch. It sure made for humidity once the sun started peeking through the clouds - it was like being in Mississippi, or even Illinois for that matter. But we are happy to get whatever of it we can.

We took all the grape vines to our son's house and put them where we thought he wanted them. There was a section of one that we left behind cause it showed no signs of life. So after we got back home, we decided on a place to put it where a drip line from our failed asparagus planting that didn't pan out was, but on the outside of the fenced off areas so the drip line was extended to reach it best just to see if anything happened. Now Jeff will use some scrap wood to make it a trellis to climb on. Make sense? I'll take a pic to better show you....

I did get to pollinate another squash since I had both kinds of flowers open. It does appear the bees have also taken care of polinating others as well.

So far the deer have not caused any damage to un-fenced items. But then the fruits are not large enough yet to entice them.

Well, time for lunch....
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My garden pics: Summer of 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My garden pics: June 2019 - by jjannie - 07-27-2019, 07:06 PM