Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My garden pics: Summer of 2019
Not sure what kind of trellis he plans to build but I'll take picture of it once he does. I think he plans to attach it to the end of the raised beds to give it some more stability. Our sons whole back fence is covered in grape vines - inedible ones, with the only opening in the center which was where he put the ones from you, and they do make a great privacy fence. He also had them along his side yard but he and his neighbor agreed to remove them cause they are going to replace that fencing eventually.

Growing up in Illinois, August was always our humid month, but it just stayed so green spring through fall so it wasn't too terrible to deal with. But being in Mississippi for a while where it was so humid you had to drive with the wipers on even at 5AM in morning.

If you cut down the cherry tree, let me ask Jeff, but he may want some of the larger trunk pieces for using on his lathe if you're not going to want them. I'll be trimming some of hedge plants soon - burning bushes and rhamnus (?) bushes that grow so fast they block our satellite reception. they are really happy where they are growing - almost too happy [crazy] they need to be trimmed every couple of years.

The word in our neighborhood is that they plan to re-black top our park walk pathway. The original one just broke down into small gravel after one year. That will be so nice. with no sidewalks out here, it gets a lot of use.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My garden pics: Summer of 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My garden pics: July 2019 - by jjannie - 07-28-2019, 03:25 PM