Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat trailer bearings repair?
Hey guys, new here. Hoping to get some help on this.

Where are some shops in the Salt Lake area to get my boat trailer bearings replaced? They are a hub with drum brakes on them if that matters. I don't feel like tackling it myself. Can you recommend anywhere to get this done? Thanks!
[signature]
I'm not sure; however, I would think Big O Tire would do that kind of work
[signature]
I would think most any vehicle maint. shop would be willing to take it on.
[signature]
Had my trailer bearings replaced last year by a Les Schwab Tire store in Clinton, but I imagine any of the other stores could do the same.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
i can do them for you i'm i so jordan and have a good reputation 30 yrs as a ase master mech
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]i can do them for you i'm i so jordan and have a good reputation 30 yrs as a ase master mech[/quote]

Hey mtncat1, that would be great. Do you use double lipped seals? I've read those are supposed to be used on boat trailers to further help keep water out of the bearings.
[signature]
[quote Paul_G][quote mtncat1]i can do them for you i'm i so jordan and have a good reputation 30 yrs as a ase master mech[/quote]

Hey mtncat1, that would be great. Do you use double lipped seals? I've read those are supposed to be used on boat trailers to further help keep water out of the bearings.[/quote]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LR...UTF8&psc=1
[signature]
i use matched sets made by bearing buddy ,with new races seals and bearings packed with marine grease ,
[signature]
[quote liketrolling][quote Paul_G][quote mtncat1]i can do them for you i'm i so jordan and have a good reputation 30 yrs as a ase master mech[/quote]

Hey mtncat1, that would be great. Do you use double lipped seals? I've read those are supposed to be used on boat trailers to further help keep water out of the bearings.[/quote]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LR...UTF8&psc=1[/quote]

Thanks for the link. Not sure what size my trailer has. But I'll keep that in mind for next time.
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]i use matched sets made by bearing buddy ,with new races seals and bearings packed with marine grease ,[/quote]

PM sent
[signature]