Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
Yesterday, we harvested our first pea pods. Plan to leave the second pot of peas to actually form some peas. Still more pods to be harvested from the first pot, both are still blooming. Sifted the dirt where the lettuce was growing (looks really nice) and planted another round of lettuce.

We also harvested a little more than 2 quarts of strawberries, there are still a lot more that are still green. We ate half of them for a nice cool dessert, the other half were sliced and put on 2 trays for the next freeze drier batch.

No tomatoes set on the ones in the bales, but the cherry tomatoes are doing well and there are Roma tomatoes set in the ground garden that was under the cold frame when needed.

I think we are going to build a PVC cold frame for use next year on the SPs in the box. If it turns out the SPs don't do well there the spot can be used for other plants. and if need be the plastic cover can be removed and replaced with netting or even a nylon mesh material depending on what is needed for whatever gets planted there.

The squash from Valley was just a small single 2 inch pot when we got it but once I put it in bales, it really settled in fast took off growing. It has already started to vine across the bales - I had hoped it would trail more down the sides, but oh well. it is helping the soaker hose stay more only on the bales and not spraying outside of them. LOL
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-30-2019, 07:02 PM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM