Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
Took a walk around the gardens with Jeff today. The watermelons are finally setting fruit like crazy, hopefully it's not too late for us to actually get eat some before frost kills the plants.

Tomorrow I need to pick another cabbage. We read that some get up to 4 second (and smaller) heads once they harvest the main head off. Doubt we'd have long enough season here to manage doing that very well, but I can see from my previous picking that there are 4 sprouts coming out from the stub left behind. It said once they've grown a bit you can chose just one head to grow possibly harvest one larger head so maybe we'll just see how it does for as long as we can , they handle those cooler nights better than some plants so just maybe it'll grow another head - who knows?

Also need to harvest several cukes (not counting the one I already gave to our son yesterday, several more squash are also ready for picking - I alone cannot eat them fast enough to keep ahead of how fast they are maturing , such a problem to have - NOT. The second crop of fall peas/pods have also taken off they are about 3 inches tall now.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 08-23-2019, 01:43 AM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM