Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
We've relocated 3 large bull snakes since moving here, they are funny how they'll imitate a rattler. I remember when we lived in SD, Jeff was driving back home from the Denver area in the dark, and when he got to Lusk Wyo he spotted a snake warming itself in road - he stopped and in headlights of car caught a really big one once he saw that it didn't have rattles - he often keeps a lidded bucket in the trunk of the car for such kinds of events. He brought it home to show me and the boys. One son was 18 months old at the time, was so excited to see it and he ran up fast with his mouth wide open to see it while dad was holding it - that snake reared back and struck right at his face, our son backed up and said, 'stupid snake'. He wasn't even scared from the experience - it was hilarious. I was having an at home demo party with ladies when Jeff came home with it - all the women even the one giving the presentations - but I still got 'credit' for a having hosted the party, she came back the next day to collect all her wares she left behind. That too was hilarious those women acted like that.

We've also relocated several water snakes as they eat our fish!

I saw they had some snow up above 10,000 feet, said it was gone by 11am. Cloud cover kept us a bit warmer last night we were 49. During the summer we use 2 fans blowing in at one end of house, and 2 fans blowing out at the other end, to draw that cooler night air thru the house, close it up in morning before the temp starts rising for day. No A/C needed. Hard to garden but great for using electricity usage that's for sure. We too had rain, even small hail at times.

Turns out he took the girls up to a place near Powder Mtn. I saw videos of areas where the girls had to ride across flat rocked, uneven areas and they did really well. They even didn't mind the bit of rain that hit before they were done riding they were having so much fun. They have good bikes for all this but its so good that they love being able to do this stuff with their dad - sure beats sitting in front of TV or video games! All this was done before lunch. Once they got here all 3 were pretty chilled feeling and the enjoyed the hot lunch, hot cocoa and heated lap blankets we had waiting for them - our house wasn't the warm temps they were hoping for after cooling it the night before, LOL.

I'm heading out now to see how we faired with that little bit of hail that we had.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM