Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
I was wondering, how many bean plants did you have? I only had 3 cause I wasn't sure how many beans I could get from each, but maybe I needed to plant few more than that.

We only got down to 43 - the forecasted temp - so no further damage has occurred.

I took a couple picture of the SP box that we made with the arched pvc frame with a cover on so you can see how it works. Jeff used some scrap 3/4 inch pvc to make the clamps, he cut out a section then sanded and rounded the corners and the cut edges so no sharp edges on them, they work nicely. Hopefully with Friday nights low of 37 forecasted and Saturday nights forecasted low is 38 we won't get too much colder than that! Think I'll cover some other things today as well. We put the same kind of frost cloth over the melons, mostly as deer deterrent but looks like it may need it for frost as well.

We mapped out the general location for the greenhouse. Of course we are running out sunny spots, I still need to remove some branches and could small trees here and there. I did want a little forest walkway 15 years ago and I did get one once all the trees grew, now I'm removing some of them. [crazy] [blush]

I picked large bowl of tomatoes, most were so hidden I didn't even realize they were there at first. Think I'll be processing something with them all. Hopefully if we cover stuff we can get at least couple more weeks for the other green ones to ripen up. There are a lot of green ones. I am sure we fried green tomatoes at least once in next couple weeks.[Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 09-19-2019, 04:55 PM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM