Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
Yeah tree roots and gardening just don't work out well together that's for sure.

Well I harvested the produce from the bales:

5 Sweet Potatoes - pic below, funny that they grew so long and skinny
128 green beans
8 Armenian cucumbers
5 small crook neck squash
3 cabbages
265 tomatoes - 75% were green, 25% had a blush or red color. The green ones I'm going to try to let ripen down in the basement, worst case we'll end up tossing them, so we'll just see how they do. [:/]

Jeff got the GH foundation all leveled and together we drove rebar through the 4x4 treated posts. After the rains pass, and the ground is hopefully a bit softer, we plan to drive in some mobile home anchor rods to really hold it all down well. (seems like over-engineering in many ways, but that's just how we do things around here - LOL)

Only thing left to harvest are the melons. I also need to move the front porch flower pot back onto the porch and cover it with frost cloth so it should be ok for while longer.

FD - Our pump is the Eliminator, it has 4 screws in its front cover. You shouldn't need a new gasket if your careful with the one you take out.

Well, Id better go move those flowers and do the melon harvest , if I sit here any longer I just may say forget it I'm too whooshed[Tongue]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 09-27-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM