Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
We were 27 again last night, forecast was for 31. Tonight's forecasted low is again 31, so we'll just have to wait and see.

We have been wheeling the peas/pods in and out of the garages once again. There are pods formed, but no peas just yet.

On the greenhouse, yeah waiting a day was good call. However putting the panels and windows in has been a little more time consuming than we thought it would be, but we finished up installing the roof's panels today. Tomorrow, after PT, we plan to install the auto openers on those roof windows, it sure was already working inside the greenhouse today, our high was 54, but by the time we had all the roof panels on and doors closed it quickly got up to 80 before the temps started to drop for the day.

We've been working to drain out all our rain water storage in preparation for winter, the pond has been the recipient of most of it. We had a small trough in back that Jeff was using for some floating plants, well, it has been freezing over each night, but it melts during the day - it too will get emptied into the pond.

Well we did dig up the SP box that was in greenhouse, and it was pretty discouraging - I didn't even take a picture[Sad]. I did get a small one from my own slips (they were white-er ones), and couple little Beauregard ones, and some that look liked like carrots. The other thing we learned in this process is the roots from the nearest trees had sent small roots over and up into the box. So... since we're relocating the box now, we will definitely be putting landscape fabric down before we refill it with soil. So it'll be ready to give it all try again. I'm also going use all my own slips next time, getting them well rooted and possibly even planted into pots ahead of putting them outside in the box. We'll also try putting some in the greenhouse - BTW, the whole greenhouse floor will get layer of fabric before we put the raised beds and walking paths in it. A whole new set of experiments to see if we can even make growing them feasible.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 10-07-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM