Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek family reunion suggestions?
I am down in the Heber area for a family reunion and after seeking away for a quiet evening for some fly fishing I was told I'm now in charge of a fishing day later in the week for the little kids. (2-12)

Im from Idaho and had planned on fishing the Provo (and my pretrip prep reflects that). I'm not taking our little kids on that river.

I think we will probably end up in the Deer Creek area. Any suggestions on ends of the reservoir I should be concentrating? Toward the dam? East side vs west side? Campground area?

Thanks. Wouldn't be asking except I don't have time to scout for the kids and I have not fished the reservoirs here. Thanks again.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hope your reunion goes well. About the only camping will be at the main state park at Walsburg. And fishing in the boating-restricted Walsburg Bay can often be productive from shore...for rainbows and for smallmouth bass.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I am attaching some info that might help your search for a location. This writeup includes some links and maps to provide more info...and alternative numbers to call for unanswered questions.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Good luck. Hope you and the younguns have a fun safe trip. And welcome to the forum.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You might also consider Mill Hollow or Smith and Moorehouse reservoirs. They are relatively close to Heber and in my opinion are going to be easier for the little kids to catch fish at. They are easily fished from shore and both hold a couple of species of trout to add to the fun. Rainbow sparkle powerbait should produce well at both places. And both reservoirs are in much prettier terrain.
[signature]
Tubedude, that is an awesome write up. Thank you so much. I have plenty of ideas now. Thank you so much for passing on your experience.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hey, I am an old Idaho boy myself. Glad to help.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Wallsburg is deep water right at the shore line, be careful with kids.
[signature]