Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone spotting eagles ?
i usually see a few this time of year , so far only one .

anybody else seeing any ?
[signature]
Here's a link to a post on the Utah board. Apparently there are quite a few bald eagles in Utah this year -- more than usual. Hopefully this means that their comeback is getting even stronger.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=107313;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=107313;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
i was talking to my buddy about iy last night , he hasen't seen one in years [shocked].

i pretty much keep an eye out in there teritorys for a glimps , but so far only one , an adult male .
[signature]
Heres some I got a pic of...only 1 min west of I-15 a major free-way here in Utah..How many can you count?
[signature]
nice group shot !

i saw one juvinile on saturday ! i hope to see more with the comming warm spell .
[signature]
I saw a young one last Friday. I had a cool experience in northern Wisc. while ice fishing earlier this year though. 4 of us were panfishing for bluegills & perch, and had a few descent ones on the ice. I was watching an adult eagle gliding around in a circle up high, when all of a sudden it became evident that it wanted our fish! I told my son to run over there and put them in the bucket. As he's running, this eagle was coming in fast, trying to race him, but stayed about 6 feet over his head, with the talons barred, when it figured the kid was too close for it's comfort. I wish I would've had the video camera along for that one.
Several years ago, I was driving up north about 7 a.m., and topped a hill and put on my brakes. About 30 feet in front of my truck there was a young eagle trying to pick up a dead roadkilled fawn and fly with it. It would get about 3 feet off the ground, and lose it's grip. This happened three times. It finally flew sideways and took it off the road and started munching on it. That was awesome.
[signature]
I saw me two here a about a month ago, sittin together in a tree at the corner of M-5 and I-696.

the following week I saw me a cyote about a mile up on M-5. Last fall I saw the Wixom panther dead on I-696 and Old Plank rd. On the way back the panther was gone, but you could see where it was laying.
[signature]