Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey
Went to Causey with about 300 of my closest friends. Water was about 70 degrees. Planter bows were stacked at all the inlets. I caught as many as I cared to with plastic minnow jigs. Police showed up on Jet skis and told everyone to put their life jackets on.
[signature]
Are you sure you were at Causey? I doubt any Police showed up on Jet skis there, unless they put in a boat ramp[Wink].
[signature]
There is a ramp and they had the key. Didn’t give a crap about the no-wake limit either.
[signature]
You mean that dirt ramp over by Causey estates, that is pretty much not usable when the water level is low? Wow, those guys must be pretty desperate to launch there Jet sky there, just to give folks a hard time. Were you guys out fishing in a float tube or in a canoe?
[signature]
OK, I did not see your pic, so you hand carried your boat down to the water. That is a bunch of folks there[crazy].
[signature]
They could probably clean that pace out in an hour if they would ask for "mussel certifications"
[signature]
They could probably kill a few trees if they cited all those without life jackets with them. Just your picture alone showed numerous without them.

I'm surprised they were on wave-runners as well. I thought it was wakeless.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]It IS a wakeless reservoir per Utah State Parks [/size][/#800000][/font][url "https://stateparks.utah.gov/activities/boating/watercraft-restrictions-list/"]Watercraft Restrictions List.[/url]
Quote:Operating a boat above a wakeless speed is prohibited on the following waters:
[ul][li]Causey Reservoir (Weber County)[/li][li]Lost Creek (Morgan County)[/li][li]Porcupine Reservoir (Cache County, Porcupine Reservoir Company)[/li][li]Smith and Morehouse (Summit County)[/li][/ul]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]The State Park Rangers are allowed to violate that restriction in the performance of their duties just like LEOs can violate speed limits in pursuit of their duties.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That place is just a zoo any more with all the paddle boarders/kayakers out there. I was there about a week ago with my daughter. We were targeting kokes. We caught 6 that were around 10"

We also saw the po po, but they were in kayaks. Just checking life jackets. I'm glad to see them out. I don't really see the need for jet skis though....
[signature]
Hey Brandon, how deep were you fishing for those kokes? They sure have been small there in recent years, just like The Pig.
[signature]
But how can they get a sunburn (almost) all over if they have to wear life jackets? Spoil sport.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I tried Causey several times last summer. Almost every time I was overrun by other kayaks, paddle boards and the like. I never figured out the fish and probably won't be back there for a very long time. I did enjoy navigating the different channels in my kayak though. The scenery is beautiful so it wasn't a total loss.
[signature]
Do the kayaks and paddle boarders go up into the arms or stick mostly to the main areas around the scout camp and dam?
[signature]
We caught the kokes at 15 feet. Didn't mark many fish deeper than that.

That place is a zoo. They go everywhere, and most of them don't have any idea about boating etiquette. They wander all over. When you are under power, you legally have to yield to them, but they cannot decide which way to go, so it makes it very problematic. If I ever got a ticket for bumping into one of them, I would insist they get a ticket for no muscle paperwork! Two can play the game.

It really isn't worth the battle. Causey has been ruined for boating fisherman by cheap yaks and boards.....Thanks Lifetime Products!!!
[signature]