Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake and Koosharem
I was in town today and my little brother had to twist my arm to take a trip to Fish Lake. We caught a few bows trolling and caught a few perch and bows jigging. The fishing was way to slow for my brothers liking so we left and stopped at Koosharem. Koosharem Res has a lot of weeds like always but was great fishing for bows. The bows in Koosharem were bigger than the ones we caught at Fish Lake and since we didn't keep any from Fish Lake we kept some for the smoker.
[signature]
Nice work.
I have always wondered about fishing Koossharem as I drive to fish lake.
I bet it would be a great time out of a kick boat with a fly rod.
[signature]
Just an FYI...Koosharem was completely drained last fall to repair the dam and was bone dry late in the year. Those fish in there now were all stocked this spring! It goes to show how quickly lakes can recover. This is why poisoning places like Schofield is such a good option—you push that reset button and good fishing is available very soon after the poisoning. Nice report...thanks!
[signature]
My dad was shocked at the size of the fish because he mentioned that they drained the lake. I live out of state now and thought it would be fun for the kids since Fish Lake was a little slow. I remembered how much fun we had there when I was a kid. That last time I fished it was probably over 10 years ago. Yesterday the fish were nice and dark orange meat too not white like most of your planters. They fought good and we are smoking some and grilling some for a family dinner tomorrow and I cant wait.
[signature]
When I was a kid (a long time ago), we used to regularly catch 3 and 4 pound rainbows at Koosharem. We would often be the only ones fishing there.
[signature]