Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISO 25-35hp Tiller, Short Shaft Outboard
I recently undertook to refurbish a 1979 16' SeaKing. Finally got the transom work done and am now looking for some motivation to put on the back end of it. (hopefully it will motivate me to finish the project as much as it will the boat along the water [Wink] ) If you have or know of someone who might have a 25-35hp Tiller controlled Short Shaft outboard in the $1-$800 range please let me know. I can do simple work (impeller, carb rebuild, plugs, oil changes etc.) if it just needs TLC.

Also in search of high back pedestal type seats &/or hardware if anyone has a pair of those laying around.

I attached a few before & after pics of the project. If you guys have any suggestions on must haves I'd love to hear them. I also attached a couple screenshots of similar framing / floor plans of what I'm hoping to put in.
[signature]
That transom rework looks awesome. Whole boat looks like almost new. [Wink]
I would only feel qualified to make just one minor suggestion: While you still have an open hull at the stern, go ahead and install a mounting plate or bracket for whatever type sonar you plan to use. Installed now, you can do thru the hull high grade stainless steel bolts, over-size stainless flat washers, and fiber lock nuts with top end hull sealer.
You won't ever worry about leaks or the mounts vibrating loose.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Any suggestions on a brand or where to get one? I've got 2 holes in the transom already which the prior owner put right behind the transom supports [crazy], almost impossible to get a nut on. I just put screws & sealer in the for now but would like as you said a more permanent & reliable mount & seal.
[signature]
I just installed one on the boat that I just got from Cabelas.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/MOUNTING...s?slotId=0

The one thing that I did was coat the back of the plate with silicone before installing it to keep any water from getting caught behind it.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
The after pictures look better than the before picture, which is always a good sign.[Wink]
[signature]
Yeah, you never know when you start into these kinds of things if it is going to end well or not. [sly]
[signature]