Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Reservoir - Kokanee Salmon
A big thanks to obifishkenobi for taking my to Strawberry and helping me catch my first Kokanee Salmon. I had a great time chasing these fish. Here are some of the things I learned https://tiltfishing.com/strawberry-reser...ee-salmon/
[signature]
Shawn guided me to catch my first kokanee earlier this year, too. He loves to take people out and show them how to fish for those silver bullets. I enjoyed reading your article about your experience and what you learned. I've been koke fishing three times now so I'm a bit of an expert. Here's one of the best things I've learned: use any color you want as long as it is pink [cool].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Great post ! Thanks for sharing
[signature]
Thanks for the great report. I'm taking my boy fishing this Saturday and I rented one of the "Kokanee" boats. My boy is really excited to catch his first Kokanee Salmon and I had a question when you were talking about the "Triangle." You said it was east of the marina? Is it just the area when you are going east and then you go toward mud creek?
[signature]
The triangle everyone refers to is from the marina to Haws point, to the narrow's short cut (due north east) and back to the marina. Story goes; that when the DWR was stocking kokes, their boat broke down on the way out of the marina. They ended up dumping the fish overboard in that general area. The fish have continued to hang in that triangle. If you believe in those kind of story's :,-)

The easiest thing to do, is when you leave the boat dock look for all the boats.
[signature]
[quot. I've been koke fishing three times now so I'm a bit of an expert. Here's one of the best things I've learned: use any color you want as long as it is pink [cool].[/quote]

Wow, you should write a book!
[signature]
Thanks for the kind words, I look forward to you schooling me on Utah bass fishing this fall.
[signature]
Looking forward to it! Hopefully we can get you on some big smallies!
[signature]
Hahaha can't go wrong with pink!
[signature]
[quote wyoguy][quot. I've been koke fishing three times now so I'm a bit of an expert. Here's one of the best things I've learned: use any color you want as long as it is pink [cool].[/quote]

Wow, you should write a book![/quote]

truer words were never spoken [Smile]
[signature]