Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Kokanee Limit
That tadpole weight looks pretty nifty. Thanks for the photo!

Matthew
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey guys & gals,[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If you REALLY want to know how deep you are fishing under any given circumstances, invest in a Fish Hawk TD (about $150). You hook it to your line at the connection of the dipsy diver, the tackle end of your lead core line, or to the banana weight. Let out the line to some depth at a specified speed and then retrieve it. It will show you the exact maximum depth it arrived at under your conditions. Adjust line length/GPS speed and repeat until you know for certain you are at the preferred depth you seek. Make a note of these conditions for future reference. The TD will also record temperature in 5' increments if your looking for a specific temperature range. You select the mode before sending it down - temps or max depth. It also can read in *C, *F, ft, or meters. Just one more tool for the serious fisher person.[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][Wink]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[quote dubob][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey guys & gals,[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If you REALLY want to know how deep you are fishing under any given circumstances, invest in a Fish Hawk TD (about $150). .[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][Wink]
[/size][/font][/#800000][/quote]

I agree with temp reading value but not so much on the depth for banana weights etc. The Fishhawk weights almost 3 oz so it will throw off your depth reading if placed in front of weights/divers etc. However since I use 3 oz weights I would just attach it to a mainline without weights and run it at different speeds and line out to build a depth chart. Just saying.
[signature]