Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CALIFORNIA CLOSURES
<br><br> Found this posted on another board and thought it had some good info on things to do:<br><br><br> Hey Guys,<br><br> I'm 700 miles away from Long Beach. I've written to the Commission about the CI reserves and I<br> will be at the future CDFG meetings in NorCal. I am looking at the August meeting in Oakland CA as<br> a major event. <br><br> Many of us are not going to be able to make it to the Long Beach meeting but there is something<br> we can do instead.<br><br> I am writing to Senator Wes Chebro (D-Eureka) and Assemblymember Virginia Strom-Martin<br> (D-Sonoma), and cc'ing Governor Gray Davis. I am not emailing them, I am printing it up and using<br> a stamp. The Nearshore Alliance is calling for a letter campaign on the proposed Nearshore Final<br> Management Plan. This is another gambit to employ marine reserves and limited access live fishing<br> at the expense of recreational fishing. <br><br> I've had enough. I've requested a meeting with legislative aides, together with constituents, to end<br> this insane attack on recreational fishing. <br><br> Good luck to you guys who can make it to the Long Beach meeting. Give me a fax number and I will<br> send in my proxy: Dimitri and Joel speak for me personally and hundreds of North Coast private<br> boaters. <br><br> Jim<br><br> Submited With Respect to all. Dwight<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.