Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River perfect storm Saturday.
Hit the Weber near Rockport and had the best overcast/slight sprinkle. Strike most casts. The clue to what I was using is UV pink and yellow with a steady retrieve. Hooks hurt 2 browns so I kept'em. Caught more than I cared to count. But here is the results. Keeper on the left 19.5 inches keeper on the right 19.25 inches. Then a couple I was able to release because of lip hooksets instead of bottom and top jaw and pectoral hook ups. Fished for 40 minutes and drove home since I just got off work on a grave for 12 hours and it was on the way.
[signature]
Excellent! Only 40 minutes! Great pictures!

The only way you could have done better is for the fish to just jump into your truck as you drive by.
[signature]
Nice report.

I used to fish the Weber at least once a week for years in the same area around Rockport. Well actually between Wanship and Echo.

We used the same thing too. Rapalas and Panther Martin spinners. Had many days when almost every cast was a strike or fish on. But had many days too with hardly anything at all.

We used small 5 ft. poles and a fast retrieve spinning reels. Cast up stream above a hole and bring it down through the hole and bam it was fish on. Mostly browns with an occational Bow. Always catch and release but caught some lunkers, my bigest being 6.5 lbs 28 inches.

The best fishing was ALWAYS just before a storm came in.

I'm lazy now and just fish lakes in my boat.
[signature]