Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more reports?
Just wondering why no one reports on here much any more? Went up to Henry's Fork last week, did fairly well and got my son into a big 22" rainbow Sun morning right below Trouthunter, on a flav. So successful trip. Island Park Reservoir also fished well fromt he bank on daredevils. Was looking for some local reports for this week end now that the water is down.
[signature]
This is not the most active part of BFT Utah. Not much action at all.
Not sure how many FF people there are on here, not that many.

The creeks and high mt streams are all fishing well, hoppers and droppers.

Copper Johns in copper, black, purple #20 and smaller, zebra midges the same...Purple haze, PMD, Griffiths gnats, ants in #20 and smaller...black nymphs.

Caddis are starting to show in the evenings right up until dark.
[signature]
I need to get back in the habit of posting more. Mostly I need to get back into the habit of going out more.

I was out a few times last week on the Provo. Slow till dusk, then good for a few minutes. Mostly PMDs last week, but I was expecting more caddis this week. I haven't been out though, so that's just conjecture.

I would like to get to some higher elevation lakes, but haven't managed to yet.
[signature]
One problem may be the Premium Member Reports.
In order to keep in good standing you have to submit a report or reply every so often.
If I go fly-fishing....I'm posting on that board to meet the requirement.
Just a thought
[signature]
That's what makes the private section of this public website so good. It has helped destroy the public part.

I won't belong to the elitists little club even though I have several thousand posts and have been a member for many years.

Now as a rule the fly fishing section has never been highly populated with posts. I suspect that to the severely limited amount of Utah's fly fishing areas you can access due to Utah's politicians selling it all off with HB 141 that no one wants to give up places they go.
[signature]
[quote sagedave]Just wondering why no one reports on here much any more? [/quote]

I only fly fish but for the most part I fish lakes and reservoirs so when I go I just post my reports on the general fishing board. I know most folks don't fly fish but there may be someone out there that can get some information that might help them decide on a place to go.

For some reason some folks think fly fishing is only for rivers and streams.[:/]

I started out fishing streams and now that I'm older it's much easier to just launch a tube and paddle around all day rather than to have to worry about taking a spill.[Wink]
[signature]
Too busy and too hot for me to get out right now here in Southern UT. I'll be posting coming up in fall when Panguitch picks up, and I make my annual trip up north to my childhood waters. Can't wait! Damn it's hot!
[signature]