Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island fun
Jim and myself had the day without any kids which is rare. We got to bird island around 830. We started on the southwest corner. We were using worm and shrimp marinated in garlic powder for bait. JI’m was restringing poles so I jumped out to a 6-1 lead. He got his poles done and made a come back 7-4. We then moved to the east side and fished 2 spots picking up 2 white bass that we used for bait. We slowly moved around to the north side the whole time battling on who would catch more fish. We finally called it quits at 130 with Jim catching 19 and me catching 21 catfish and 2 bass. It was a great day with us averaging 8 fish an hour between us.
[signature]
Nice job again. You are sure putting the hurt on the cats.
[signature]
Between the weekend and today we boated 96 cats. Didn’t think about that number til you said something. But it’s sure been fun. Nothing big. Maybe a few 26-27” but most cookie cutters. Be one heck of a fish fry!
[signature]
Fish Fry where?
[signature]
We are going out tomorrow and going to try to catch and keep 2 limits worth for a big fish fry and smoker between me and my neighbor. My neighbor frys the whole fish and eats the fins like chips. He’s from Mexico and was taught not to waste anything
[signature]
Wow, you guys are doing really well! It seems to be hot over most of the lake right now. Julie and I were out of Provo on Aug 1 and we also averaged 8/hour between us. It is rare for me to see an average higher than 4/hour. This has been a great year for numbers, but like others have said, no big fish lately.

I think there is a old fish convention at the bottom of the abyss or something. Sure is fun though!

Thanks for the report.
[signature]