Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooked on Utah breaking the law
I didn't care for any of the others shows but I do enjoy watching Adam's show which I record weekly. I don't know how many more screw ups Hooked on Utah has to make before they pull his program.
[signature]
Thanks Amy. Was waiting for a response. Thank you.
[signature]
Good stuff! His damned wife is just as annoying or worse. Hopefully this stunt ruins him.
[signature]
Thanks Amy for the response from the division, I’m sure this will calm some ruffled feathers around the site. Thank you.

PS to everyone else I was out of pocket yesterday and didn’t keep up with everyone making mention of the hosts name and bashing he and his wife. I have to remind everyone of the BFT policy of no picking on anyone, I know it seems that celebrities may not be the same as the rest of us, but they are. Please no personal attacks and if you did make mention by name I’d ask you to edit the post to refer to them by host and co-host. Please remember to play nice and address issues not personal attacks. Thanks Jeff
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]
PS to everyone else I was out of pocket yesterday and didn’t keep up with everyone making mention of the hosts name and bashing he and his wife. I have to remind everyone of the BFT policy of no picking on anyone, I know it seems that celebrities may not be the same as the rest of us, but they are. Please no personal attacks and if you did make mention by name I’d ask you to edit the post to refer to them by host and co-host. Please remember to play nice and address issues not personal attacks. Thanks Jeff[/quote]

Well Said!!
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Thanks Amy...[/quote]

Jeff...errr....I mean SkunkedAgain....errrr....I mean Moderator: where do you draw the line of what is personal, and what isn't?

The "host" of the show broke the law, and has been issued a citation. Why can't we name the host by name?? I see nothing wrong with this.

And people voicing their opinion of his show shouldn't be an issue either.

Other names that have been mentioned in this thread:
Doug Miller
Adam Eakle
Pat Scouten
Reese Stein
Jeff
Merlin Olsen

Where is the line of what is "personal" (ie: picking on someone) and what isn't? I mean, you guys are discussing colonoscopy's and people that died of cancer -- but you don't want us to mention the name of a TV show host that broke the law on his show? Is BFT concerned that this host might be offended? That offends me.

Jeff -- I'm sorry, but I found your post very odd.
[signature]
Reason for my post is according to the two rules below I made an interpolation that there was a lot of personal bashing more than just the illegal act that had occurred, if you disagree take it up with my boss and they'll dock my pay... Later J

[#4040ff]OPEN DISCUSSION AND CONTROVERSY:[/#4040ff]
[#4040ff]We encourage the free and open discussion of any issue related to fishing, including regulations, tackle, techniques, species, environmental issues, etc. However, whenever someone makes a post that becomes negative and directed at the way mods are performing their duties or is personal attack upon BFT or another member, that post can be moderated or deleted.

PERSONAL ATTACKS:[/#4040ff]
[#4040ff]In most cases, moderators will not interfere in good natured ribbing or mild bantering. However, some members are more sensitive than others. Posts that offend any other member may become subject to moderating action…editing or deleting. Members who establish a pattern of frequently and openly challenging, heckling or berating other members will have their posting privileges curtailed. [/#4040ff]
[signature]
does the host of the show have an account on BFT?

Those policies all regard members. They don't say anything at all about non-members.

Not trying to stir -- just looking for clarification. Thanks for the discussion.

Brett
[signature]
Sounds like he is owning up to his mistake and excepting the punishment.

Is there something else he needs to do?

I agree with the Mod,, no need to try and destroy the guy and his family over a piece of night crawler.
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]Good stuff! His damned wife is just as annoying or worse. Hopefully this stunt ruins him.[/quote]

Really? Ruins him!
He may not be the best TV Host and he may be irritating and do a lot of stuff that we don't like including bait fishing illegally. But to wish someone and their family gets "Ruined" is going over the line.
[signature]
I was told that the host does have a BFT account on a previous bashing incident of the same host and I was asked to enforce the rules that I wasn't aware of at that time. Since I had it pointed out to me at that time, I have tried to follow through on this occurrence as well... I will try and do the same for anyone else that finds themselves as the target of personal bashing... We all make mistakes from time to time and I'm sure everyone else doesn't like them rehashed anymore than I do... So I hope that satisfies your question... J
[signature]
man oh man after reading this thread i thought he ate a baby on live tv , but it turns out he put bait on a fishing lure ,whew ! i hope i never get on the bad side of some of these bft'ers [Sad] . i along with every one else that has ever been born has made mistakes . i guess some of you are not the forgiving kind . and i'm glad your not judging me .
[signature]
I have pleasure on knowing Gary for over 20 years. He has done many great things besides his outdoor show. Also, I knew Doug and been on Adam's and Reese's show many times. Gary has been an "Awesome" host and leader in
the State of Utah's Outdoor Industry. He has done many charity events and has supported our youth in both fishing and hunting.

It's a shame to see people take shots at others.

To "Hooked on Utah" keep up the good work Brother!

[signature]
In before the lock. [Smile]
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
It is not that the guy made a mistake. It is that he has done multiple shows at this reservoir over the years and has always preached to his audience to check the regulations before you go. The regulations for Minersville have been placed for a long time and are very clear and easy to understand in the proclamation. The host acted ignorantly and, even worse, condoned the same practice to his audience. As someone who is on a pedestal by nature of his show, he should have known better and he definitely should be held to a higher standard than most. It wasn't just that he put a little piece of worm on his hook...it is that he broke well-established wildlife law. It is no different than hunting the archery hunt (which happens to open tomorrow) for deer and asking everyone on his show to take their rifles to ensure success.

With that being said, all is forgiven if like Amy said, he admits his mistake on TV, accepts his ticket and pays it, and doesn't make the same mistake again. Yes, we all make mistakes, but asking for someone to pay for a mistake and make amends is hardly out of line or wrong. Part of the forgiveness process has always been to make amends and pay restitution. It Saddens me that some people are minimizing what he has done.
[signature]
[quote castnshoot]Sounds like he is owning up to his mistake and excepting the punishment.

Is there something else he needs to do?

[/quote]

Personally, I hope he accepts his punishment. Excepting it is what his prior history has already proven.

[quote elkantlers]

Really? Ruins him!
He may not be the best TV Host and he may be irritating and do a lot of stuff that we don't like including bait fishing illegally. But to wish someone and their family gets "Ruined" is going over the line.[/quote]

I completely agree with elkantlers. I do not wish for this incident to "ruin" the host and his family. I just hope he learns something from it. We have too many people that feel like the rules don't apply to them. Like in this case with this TV show -- the host didn't bother to fully read the regulations. Why not? He's fished this reservoir in the past. He's done shows on this place in the past. How could he have not known the regulations?? The answer is simple: because he didn't care. That's unfortunate. And it makes it even more unfortunate that his viewers can see that he doesn't care. That will be the ultimate ruin of his show.

Like I said, I hope he learns from this experience. People can always change.
[signature]

[signature]