Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln today, 15th
Arrived at Lincoln just before daylight. This years young wb were swarming at the end of the launch pad, looked like they are about 2-2 1/2 long now. Missed my crew today as they were enlisted to haul hay this morning. Headed west over to the Knolls area. Fishing was good and I was catching some good fish. A stiff north wind that was supposed to calm at sunup didn't. When white caps started rolling I made the seven mile run toward the orchards where the wind was blowing from the south??
I started dragging wb back toward Lincoln and found good sized hungry fish. Almost all of them were between 24 and 28 inched, fat and feisty and fun.

Still can't find the big ones so I'm just playing the averages now figuring there has to be at least one 30+er in every hundred or so fish. Couple of times I had a fish on each pole, couldn't ask for faster fishing but sure would like to find a biggun. Maybe tomorrow.

Richard and Violet were out again, Ben too, and one other trailer that looked like a pontoon. They are all big league catters so will look forward to their reports. They were still out when I left at 10:30.

Fishing is very good now but some cooler weather would sure make it a little more tolerable. Would also be nice to find some of the bigger fish.

Will press on.

BLK
[signature]
They were biting out of the State Park too. I found some that helped me, but no 30's.

I'll send a report later. Glad you had fun!

BTW, from 6:15 to 10:30 in the state park area the wind was always out of the south. Up to maybe 10 MPH and no whitecaps. It is a big lake[Wink]
[signature]
Congrats on another great trip Lynn, man I can't believe how hot your fishing is down there and when I finally get out, i can barely find one cat... I sure need to learn the summer code so I can start sorting through the sub bumpers... Congrats.... J
[signature]
Hey Lynn. Was wondering how you did. I wasn't planning on going out today but changed my mind. Got up to late to get to work on time so I just took the day off. I was concerned about the wind that wasn't supposed to be blowing but it calmed down. Fishing was slower for me today. Bigger size less fish. I did finally get a bump up cat. 32.5". Caught all my fish on Sanpete Chub. Tight lines.
[signature]
That not just a bumper, that's a giant! Nice fish.
[signature]
Lynn, I have a nephew that just came over from Colorado and wanted to get a couple of cats to take to his sister in Ogden, so we took him out.

When I couldn't see you I thought you had most likely gone over to the Knolls. We jumped over to Mud Lake again where I thought we could get into some action.

You might know it was Violet that started hammering them and loving every minute of it. We all managed a few but she came out on top again. all of our fish were no larger than 27.5" and we brought 3 of the smaller ones home to fillet for him.
The trip over and back was quite pleasant not having enough wind to cause concern.

I guess if I want a bumper I'll have to climb aboard Ben's boat for a few lessons. He seems to have them dialed in pretty good.

rj
[signature]