Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headed to Panquitch 8/24
I will have some info on Panguitch after tomorrow. It's been fishing really well and some huge tigers are shallow and playing...can't wait! I will report back...wish us luck!
[signature]
Good luck! Please do let us know how it goes.
[signature]
Sorry for the delayed report...so my brother and I did end up heading up to Panguitch Sat 8/24, and it was amazing! Got there around 0700, air temps 49...felt so good after a summer of 100+! We fished the south end in the flooded fields. We didn't move all day. Fished anywhere from 2' to 4' of water, hitting the pockets of water between the moss and grass beds. Hot flies were a small brown leech, hoppers, bh pheasant tails and hares ears. All under a small indicator (except when fishing the hopper/dropper). Takes were very aggressive, usually took within a few seconds of making the cast. Monster tigers everywhere, along with some tank bows and an occasional skinny cutthroat. We stopped counting, easily a 30+ fish day for both of us. Talk about a battle though, hooking into 20-27" fish in shallow water with crap everywhere! Needless to say we lost quite a few as well. We will be back shortly...if you can get to Panguitch, I highly suggest you do!
[signature]
Incredible! Thanks for the great report and pictures.
[signature]
[quote _6x_]Incredible! Thanks for the great report and pictures.[/quote]

You bet ya! Headed back there this Labor Day weekend...can't wait! Smile
[signature]
Nice job!! Killed it bro!
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Nice job!! Killed it bro![/quote]

Thanks Bro! It's been incredible lately for sure!
[signature]