Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling Motor Towing Stabilizer
Trolling motor bounced a lot when towing and knew that couldn't be good over the long term. Looked on line for options. Most involved a RAM-type mount that required a hard bracket install and appeared to require some modification to boat cover.

Came up with this simple idea using PVC pipe and a ball bungee. It is surprisingly effective (got a serious test on a corduroy dirt road going to Hebgen).

I've also used it when heading back to the dock in rough water.

Thought I would pass along this idea.

[inline Capture.JPG]
[signature]
I did the same "like" thing with my Terrova since 2011. A little further out on the shaft and I use a velcro wrap to tie it down (My cover goes over the TM so why I ran mine further out on the shaft). One other thing is that I have 2 seperate velcro wraps to tie the power cord to the shaft so the cord isn't bouncing and stretching as far as it could go over the bumps. I have never experienced it but my father/people he knew over the years of driving down dirt roads in Montana have experienced is over time with the power cord bouncing all around is a eventual short in the wiring. I have tied mine up since new so no personal experience.

Tom
[signature]
Thanks for the idea about also securing the wire cables. I'll incorporate that into my towing routine.
[signature]